Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2015 10:38:20 AM EDT
I'm planning a trip to the UK in the summer of 2017 and I'm curious about motorcycle rentals, does anyone have any experience with them?

The trip is still in the very early stages of planning, my ancestory being English, Irish, Scottish and Welsh, I have plans to visit all four if time allows. Anyway, I'm thinking three weeks if I'm able to do so but it may only be two.

I'm also looking for general input on the trip, any and all would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi,
I used to ride motorbike for a few years , i wouldnt recomend one to someone not from the uk, the roads are small and tight in places.
I dont know where you would hire one from,
If you need any info on your trip here and if i can help i will, just drop me a pm.
Atb
Mart
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi,

You can certainly hire bikes I've heard people do it but there is usually a very large deposit needed also it's going to be expensive. No experience personally but Google should be able to help you.

If you are an experienced biker I'm sure you will be fine just bare in mind speed limits are generally higher over here. You will obviously have to get used to different road layouts, signs roundabouts etc plus the right side of the road which is the left of course

Riding around Britain would be a great way to see it personally I'd rather do it in a car but I'm all for comfort these days.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:25:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.

I am an experienced rider and I'm ok with the large deposit as I have quite awhile to save for the trip.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Any particular places you want to visit or are you after recommendations. Might be better to post in GD as its very quiet around here.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any particular places you want to visit or are you after recommendations. Might be better to post in GD as its very quiet around here.
View Quote

Nothing too specific other than London, but I don't plan to ride there.

Most of the riding I want to do is out in the country, through Ireland and Scotland and any historical places that I can hit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top