Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2014 3:38:52 AM EDT
So I'll likely be studying in Rome, Italy for a few semesters. I have some friends who will be studying in England. How expensive is it to travel between Italy/England. Expedia lists flights around $258 roundtrip. Is there some less expensive method of transportation between countries, or is this it?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 6:49:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe it's possible to go by train via the Channel Tunnel - London - Paris - Rome.

It will take most of a day, though, and not sure it will be much cheaper in the age of budget airlines.  Worth checking out, though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 7:23:07 AM EDT
[#2]
What airlines did Expedia use?

Check the websites of Ryanair.com and easyjet.com direct, and put some sample dates in to get prices.

Stansted will be the airport with the biggest selection of flights.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 9:58:30 AM EDT
[#3]
skyscanner will find you cheap flights

It works for me.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 11:26:15 AM EDT
[#4]
You'll find it makes a big difference too which airport you are using (both ends) so check with your mate whether there is an option the Italian end so you can look at all options
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top