Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2013 11:16:44 AM EDT
Quite some time ago I posted here if somebody knew were to buy a old BBC documentary called "The Gun" that aired in the late 1970's / early 1980's.

Some here had seen it I think but we didn't have much success tracking it down. being very young at the time I was really impressed as you only saw Olympic type guns here.

So I finally found one of the episodes and it stuck me how it good it actually was and how BBC documentary making really has gone down hill a bit (for instance my wife cant understand some of the accents used by current Brit TV).

Anyway hope somebody will enjoy it and I really want the narrators voice

Link Posted: 7/31/2013 3:39:21 PM EDT
[#1]
The introductory voice belongs to Dr Christopher Roads who wrote an iconic book called "The British Soldier's Firearm 1850 - 1864" for his MA, it's said it took three years before anybody was found who could evaluate his work for the MA.
Christopher was also curator of the Imperial War Museums collection of small arms, as well as being President of the Historical Breech Loading Association.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool show, and thanks for posting it. I would imagine bbc would not produce programming like this these days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top