Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2016 4:05:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 12:04:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Please go the the general discussion and take a look at some of the threads there. You cant believe everything you read but from what Im reading it doesnt look good for you guys. Keep your powder dry and your families safe
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 12:41:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 6:56:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have been following the conversations that have been posted about the recent troubles caused by the Refugees here in Europe, and the new weapon laws that the EU want to enforce upon us, take a step back, take a deep breath and wait and see what comes of it, it isn't all that important.
View Quote

Er... banning something like 80% of semi-auto firearms kinda is important.

Link Posted: 1/11/2016 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#4]
It is important. I´m just stunned, how someone can really say that discussing about EU´s banning proposals is not necessary? If gun owners around EU had not united and started to make a noise around the subject we´d be screwed right now.

But what´s the problem? How come we all should just keep our mouths shut and wait for the moment when the shit hits the fan?
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Of course we don't have even remotely the same control as in the US. But it's wrong to say that we can only wait until we get a verdict.

We wrote to our MEPs who admitted in committees that they had received unusual and unexpected amounts of notes from their constituents. Of course we're not the NRA but saying we should just STFU and wait in silence until we're taken (or not) to the slaughterhouse isn't an honest position either.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 12:23:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 5:51:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
it's your forum, me I just hang around to make sure that the rules are followed, and I am concerned, that some may get to or so upset by what they read here, just saying.
View Quote

Discussions here ave been pretty tame compared to what can be read on local (French, German, ...) forums.

I admit that there's definitely a BOHICA aspect to it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 3:07:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 2:15:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't think "bend over and wait for it to happen" is the right strategy in this case.
This is after all, still a democracy (kind of).

And I think, if nobody had written any letters to Brussels, the first version of the new law would have passed without any resistance.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 1:12:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Hi Tony good to see you again man.

The EU stuff is tricky as a directive must be enforced but i'ts also an abuse of market regulatory powers.

Admittedly a lot of countries wil not implement the directieve but for insance Holland wil do so to the letter.

At this moment there is a lot resistance in the EU parliament thanks to a lot shooters contacting the EU.

Link Posted: 1/16/2016 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 5:19:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Good to hear you're OK was kind of worried a bit.

The refugee crisis  

As for the EU. I think the danger is somewhat receeding at the moment. They already have taken to long (the plan was for it to be a done deal by now).

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 3:30:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top