Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2015 10:26:43 AM EDT
I'll be traveling to various air shows throughout Europe with Lockheed Martin and would like to visit shooting facilities in the countries I visit.  I like all types of shooting sports, but prefer long range, small bore, and 300m shooting.  I'm also a fan of history and would like to visit military museums and firearms manufactures.  If you are available and would like to meet, send me an e-mail or PM.  Also, if you get a chance to visit Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, give me a shout and I'll show you around.  Thanks!

June 3-9          Turku, Finland
June 9-24        Paris, France
July 14-22       London & Swindon, England
Aug 12-18       Roskilde, Denmark
Aug 28-Sep 5  Kielce, Poland
Sep 8-15         Athens, Greece
Sep 15-22       Peer & Brussels, Belgium
Nov 16-22       Rotterdam Netherlands

[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:32:01 AM EDT
[#1]

June 9-24        Paris, France
View Quote

I assume you'll be there for the Bourget air show ?

There are a few ranges near Paris.

If you want to do some 300m target shooting there's the Tir National de Versailles which has 300m swiss electronic targets (which give me real-time proof I'm a poor shot). And of course there's the Chateau nearby (which is actually getting the gun range to shutdown ... ). I'm not sure they allow folks how don't have a French target shooting membership to shoot. Some negotiating might be required.

Closer to Paris, there's an underground range in Issy les Moulineaux. But obviously it's only short range (25m, 70m). I'm a member of that gun club. Decent number of handguns and rifles available to try. Must show up with a member of the club.

Museum-wise, there's the Musée de l'Armée at Les Invalides in Paris.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#2]
CESM,

I had a great time shooting the Steyr AUG, your Sig 553 & your Brügger & Thomet APC9!  I've got to say, I've never shot in a tunnel, but it was pretty cool!  You're invited to Fort Worth to try some of my toys!  Thanks for the opportunity!
Shooting the Sig 553-2

The tunnel where we shot

Shooting the Brügger & Thomet APC9 with B&T Silencer

Shooting the Sig 553-2
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Had a great time too !

The blast from an SBR can be quite punishing in tunnels (which lack any kind of sound proofing/dampening) but it's pretty cool to have a gun range 1 mile from Paris and a quarter mile from home.

Even in this era of SBR/PDWs, I still like 9mm SMGs especially suppressed. You can shoot them without ear pro when outdoors. Plus 9mm is obviously cheaper than 5.56. The APC9 is not without flaws but still is a nice little toy.

I'll give you advance notice before I show up in the DFW area.

G.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top