Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2014 1:58:41 AM EDT
I'm likely about to take an extended temporary assignment in Tempere, and I'm looking to chat with anyone in Finland that happens to like shooting.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:57:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations for your assingment to Finland, best country in scandinavia I can try to answer if you have some questions from anything?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congratulations for your assingment to Finland, best country in scandinavia I can try to answer if you have some questions from anything?
View Quote

Finland is a Nordic country, but it's not a Scandinavian one.

It's also only the 2nd best.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:01:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Pfft. Swede is just misinformed.

Tampere is a nice smallish town. People are friendly and speak a funny dialect of Finnish. The shooting community is, to my understanding, quite active, especially if you are into IPSC.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pfft. Swede is just misinformed.

Tampere is a nice smallish town. People are friendly and speak a funny dialect of Finnish. The shooting community is, to my understanding, quite active, especially if you are into IPSC.
View Quote

I enjoy 3-gun here in the States, but I doubt I could either bring guns with me or jump through all the hoops to own one in Finland.  What I am going to do is check with my editor (as a side gig) and see if I can arrange a tour of the Sako factory and maybe a hunting trip in the Lapland to write an article or two on.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 5:23:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I enjoy 3-gun here in the States, but I doubt I could either bring guns with me or jump through all the hoops to own one in Finland.  What I am going to do is check with my editor (as a side gig) and see if I can arrange a tour of the Sako factory and maybe a hunting trip in the Lapland to write an article or two on.
View Quote

You don't have to own the guns if you find someone to lend them to you under his supervision. So competitions are totally possible. The harder part is actually, that both IPSC and SRA (sort of a 3 to 4 gun aplication of IPSC) both require the shooters to undergo a safety training as well as a safety test (questions about rules and one shooting stage). However, if you have some sort of documentation of your 3 gun participation in the US you might be able to participate without taking the test.

With hunting I believe, that if you actually want to shoot something, you also have to undergo a "hunters training" that involves a written test about the hunting law and also animal identification. The written test is not hard, but at least when I went through it many moons a go, the animal id part  of it was made so that you could easily pick the wrong option of two species that look almost identical.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 7:28:35 AM EDT
[#6]
...anyone in Finland that happens to like shooting.
View Quote

you picked the primo country, wingnut!

all you need to know is Simo Häyhä. valkoinen kuolema

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to Finland, Wingnut! We have this forum where most of IPSC, SRA and IDPA shooters gathers around. I recommend to check it out, it has an "In English" section for foreign visitors. http://www.toiminta-ampujat.fi/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=31

..and Swede is talking bs.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:32:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Welcome to Finland, Wingnut! We have this forum where most of IPSC, SRA and IDPA shooters gathers around. I recommend to check it out, it has an "In English" section for foreign visitors. http://www.toiminta-ampujat.fi/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=31

..and Swede is talking bs.
View Quote

Thanks!  I should find out next week if I get the assignment in Tampere.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:37:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aren't there northern regions of Sweden where much of the population speaks Finish?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Aren't there northern regions of Sweden where much of the population speaks Finish?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tornedalen has quite a bit of Finnish speakers. They mostly speak Meänkieli.

There's far more Swedish speakers in Finland though.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#11]
All you need to know about Finland is the name LARRY THORN.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 3:31:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
All you need to know about Finland is the name LARRY THORN.
View Quote

Truly one of the baddest, meanest, toughest  brass balls swinging mutha fukka to ever wear Finnish , german and American uniforms .

A true legend
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top