Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2014 8:12:34 AM EDT
Just an update for the Eurozoners. Added bonus is that one of the robbers took a shot to the jaw.

Case:

Sport shooter kept his gun loaded in his bedroom (illegal under his sports license) and shot one of the two robbers that broke in.

The shoot itself was a good shoot but he lost his gun license for 1 year  due to the illegal storage. Now the supreme court ordered the state to return his license.

Suprising case as all 'safe storage' laws are morally bullshit IMO the did break the rules of the license  

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/957/Binnenland/article/detail/2162138/2014/12/24/Winkelier-mag-met-sportwapen-op-inbrekers-schieten.dhtml

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2226838547677

Link Posted: 12/24/2014 3:29:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Good. My brother lives in Belgium, and I'm gonna pass it on to him.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 8:53:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Having read the article, to me it seems that the Belgian judges actually applied some common sense here... in Germany, this ruling would be unthinkable
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:26:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I read the actual motivation of the Belgian court.

The guy used to have the gun on a license for self defence (1980's) but due to a law change sef defence was no longer a valid reason so he trafered that gun (S&W .38 special) to his sports license (that he already had other guns on)

The shoot itself was ruled a good shoot but then the state turned around and said (illegaly) keeping the gun loaded and using it for self defence meant he careelessly  with firearms and his license was suspended for 1 year.

The court ruled that it was determined that he acted in lawfull selfdefence and thus it could not be said that the gun owner acted in such an irresponsible way to justify the state's claim that he was careless in the possesion of his firearm.

As I read the case the guy was lucky to have judges that wern't retared and could see past the BS state claim that since the license for self defence was more or less abolished the guys need for self defence also evaporated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top