Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2014 6:42:54 PM EDT
Anyway just selling some my old junk on eGun and have a quality (Viridian) green laser for a Walther P22.

All the info I found was quite old and unclear if it just was illegal for hunting or all possession.

BTW laser bans must be one of the most retarded things on the planet as I don't even like shooting with them.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 6:19:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 7:02:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can own them, but woe betide anyone caught with one fitted on a weapon :-D

Tony
View Quote

Wrong. Even possession of a gun mountable laser or flashlight is a felony in Germany.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys  and Hi Tony good to see you again !

That's retarded ( its not a joke right Mike ?) as I have yet to see a laser pointer/flashlight  that I could not mount on a weapon.

The one I have is however specially designed for the P22 rail and trigger guard  so that would fall under the ban I guess. What justification does the German state give for the ban or did they just watch Terminator ? Seems like a good court case to do with the free movement of goods rules as I cant think of a objective justification.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 2:35:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Iggy, I'm serious, and yes, it's really retarded. Everything that is gun mounted (or mountable) is a "verbotener Gegenstand", and illegal item according to the Waffengesetz (German Gun Law). Even possession is already a felony and you can ger up to 5 years in jail for that.

What were they thinking? Probably nothing, as usual when it comes to their Waffengesetz. Must have been Arnold in the Terminator movie or some other Hollywood bullshit that made them think "guns don't kill people, lasers and flashlights on those guns do".
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 4:23:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Iggy, I'm serious, and yes, it's really retarded. Everything that is gun mounted (or mountable) is a "verbotener Gegenstand", and illegal item according to the Waffengesetz (German Gun Law). Even possession is already a felony and you can ger up to 5 years in jail for that.

What were they thinking? Probably nothing, as usual when it comes to their Waffengesetz. Must have been Arnold in the Terminator movie or some other Hollywood bullshit that made them think "guns don't kill people, lasers and flashlights on those guns do".
View Quote

Yes weapon lights, another high point of the Waffengesetz, in Austria lasers are GTG, but lights are only legal, if they are designed to be mounted on a handgun, those for long guns are illegal.
Whats the difference before the law: The pictures on the packaging and if the instruction sheet states it's designed for use with a long-gun.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 7:03:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks Mike, I sit corrected lol...

View Quote

LOL. No big deal mate!
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 2:31:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 2:54:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How's life in Bavaria, I have since moved to Lower Saxony :-)
View Quote

Just read your PM! Wow...

Life is same-same here. Still working on my relocation plans, travelling back to Texas about 2 times a year setting everything up...
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#10]
So while I'm screwing around on eGun getting rid of stuff I no longer use I noticed a lot more suppressed weapons are being offered.

Has there been a change in licensing in Germany as in the past it seemed to be almost 'No Issue' ?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 10:35:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So while I'm screwing around on eGun getting rid of stuff I no longer use I noticed a lot more suppressed weapons are being offered.

Has there been a change in licensing in Germany as in the past it seemed to be almost 'No Issue' ?
View Quote

Seriously? Supressors fall under the same "illegal possession" law as well. Sure it ain't airsoft stuff....?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 5:49:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Plenty of 'F'' suppressors (that make the ban look even more retarded) but also saw some guns offers like this one. The ad says something about a EWB for the suppressor but as far as I knew they were 'no issue' in Germany.

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=5009450

Anyway I put my P22 laser on eGun the the explicit text 'No sale or delivery to Germany' but they still took it down and my other auction left in place.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, AFAIK professional hunters in Germany can apply for the "EWB", the license, for a silencer. That's about the only hole I know about. For all others even possession is prohibited.

The "F" stuff is for the so callec "freie Waffen", like airsoft, CO2 and BB. Those won't work on a real firearm.

Yeah, eGun takes down ads that violate their funny rules. After all it's a German website...
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 6:26:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well, AFAIK professional hunters in Germany can apply for the "EWB", the license, for a silencer. That's about the only hole I know about. For all others even possession is prohibited.

The "F" stuff is for the so callec "freie Waffen", like airsoft, CO2 and BB. Those won't work on a real firearm.

Yeah, eGun takes down ads that violate their funny rules. After all it's a German website...
View Quote

They wont have a Nielsen device needed for for say the 1911 style recoil operated pistols but some I recognise to be UK made .22lr supressors with a F stuck on them.

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 7:45:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They wont have a Nielsen device needed for for say the 1911 style recoil operated pistols but some I recognise to be UK made .22lr supressors with a F stuck on them.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure, but I wouldn't dare buying one of them... The German Feds are watching eGun VERY closely...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top