Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2014 11:21:55 PM EDT
I'm curious of fireworks are legal and available for purchase in Switzerland?

My wife and I will be in Lucerne for July 4th and we'd like to fire off at least one.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 2:18:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Paging Mr. Shung....

AFAIK the rules and regulations are pretty similar to Germany and Austria. Fireworks are only available for newyears (although the Swiss are not really big on fireworks for newyears). Their big day is August 1st, the "Bundesfeier". It's their 4th of July (Switzerland united in August of 1291AD).

All other than that setting up fireworks during the year (like for the 4th of July) is pretty much illegal and if you do it anyway you might get a $$$$ fine (Switzerland IS expensive if it comes to fines). Of course you can always apply for a special permit to burn down a firework, which again can be very costly.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm late to the party, but you would find fireworks for sale in July in Switzerland (for the 1st August) and I doubt anyone would blame you for shooting some early.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 9:13:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry I missed the responses.  Honeymoon took place last summer and we had a great time in Switzerland.

First the obligatory wife pictures as per forum rules.

Now the Swiss Rifle Museum in Berne

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:29:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the pics!  Very cool museum.  And congrats on getting hitched.   You chose well.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 6:15:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, that's some SIG rifles!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top