Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2014 10:41:42 PM EDT
Heading out in a few weeks and the cost of my US phone in Europe is staggering! Where should I buy a prepaid phone over there? I've read some good things and some others that are a rip off.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Heading out in a few weeks and the cost of my US phone in Europe is staggering! Where should I buy a prepaid phone over there? I've read some good things and some others that are a rip off.
View Quote

I presume Germany is just like the Netherlands:

-Just buy a pre paid card in Germany and stick it in your phone.

-If you have run 2 phones just buy a pre-paid phone+card (about $25 for a cheap one)

Link Posted: 5/16/2014 6:04:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Get a SIM from Aldis or Liedl (discount grocery stores). They come preloaded with a X Euro amount and you can always add funds if needed.

Make sure your phone has GSM standard.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 8:00:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I was looking at buying a Euro phone in Chicago. They have the whole phone for $29 with $10 usage on it. You get an international phone number and a US number.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 8:15:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, but what's the minute price over here in Germany on that phone?
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 8:22:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Like .20 per minute calling the US and no charge if someone calls me from the US. Will the sim card be cheaper?
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 5:02:59 AM EDT
[#6]
.20 US or Euro? I just looked at ALDI Talk ( the SIM the grocery discounter offers) and the are at .12 Euro cents a minute when calling the US. Incoming at no charge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top