Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2014 4:46:24 PM EDT
I am coming in July. What should I see and do? More importantly I would like to meet an Irish Arfcommer and buy him drinks

So who will it be?
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#1]
nobody?
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 12:12:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am coming in July. What should I see and do? More importantly I would like to meet an Irish Arfcommer and buy him drinks

So who will it be?
View Quote

Maybe the Irish don't like drinks?
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 6:25:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So who will it be?

I guess....
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 3:31:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I guess....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So who will it be?

I guess....

I doubt many Irishmen are members here as Ireland seems to have the worst gun laws outside of maybe North Korea.

Almost all registered civilian firearms in Ireland are sporting shotguns (177,000) and hunting rifles (54,000).17 In 2004 a successful private challenge to Irish gun law allowed handguns to be registered during what became a four year ‘window.’ The number of lawfully held private pistols and revolvers in Ireland shot up from a single legal handgun in July 2004, to 1,842 in July 2008 ? at which point prohibition on further centrefire handgun licensing was reinstated, and the licensing of other short firearms limited (see Handgun Licensing). 9 18

"Garda policy was in place that would refuse licence applications for all pistols and all firearms over .22 in calibre. As such, the firearms in Garda custody remained in Garda custody.

This situation continued until the late 1990s, when fullbore rifles of calibres up to .270 Winchester were permitted to be licenced for the purposes of deer hunting on humane grounds (prior to this, only the .22–250 cartridge was available for deer hunting and it was felt to be only barely capable of this task). All other firearms held in custody remained there.....

Following the Brophy case, some 300 pistols were licenced in Ireland, ranging from new Olympic air pistols (which are firearms under Irish law) to reclaimed pre-1972 pistols to new centerfire pistols. While welcomed by the target shooting community, in 2008 opposition deputies Jim Deasy and Olivia Mitchell campaigned to ban these pistols on the grounds that they could be used in crime."

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 3:47:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I doubt many Irishmen are members here as Ireland seems to have the worst gun laws outside of maybe North Korea.

Almost all registered civilian firearms in Ireland are sporting shotguns (177,000) and hunting rifles (54,000).17 In 2004 a successful private challenge to Irish gun law allowed handguns to be registered during what became a four year ‘window.’ The number of lawfully held private pistols and revolvers in Ireland shot up from a single legal handgun in July 2004, to 1,842 in July 2008 ? at which point prohibition on further centrefire handgun licensing was reinstated, and the licensing of other short firearms limited (see Handgun Licensing). 9 18

"Garda policy was in place that would refuse licence applications for all pistols and all firearms over .22 in calibre. As such, the firearms in Garda custody remained in Garda custody.

This situation continued until the late 1990s, when fullbore rifles of calibres up to .270 Winchester were permitted to be licenced for the purposes of deer hunting on humane grounds (prior to this, only the .22–250 cartridge was available for deer hunting and it was felt to be only barely capable of this task). All other firearms held in custody remained there.....

Following the Brophy case, some 300 pistols were licenced in Ireland, ranging from new Olympic air pistols (which are firearms under Irish law) to reclaimed pre-1972 pistols to new centerfire pistols. While welcomed by the target shooting community, in 2008 opposition deputies Jim Deasy and Olivia Mitchell campaigned to ban these pistols on the grounds that they could be used in crime."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So who will it be?

I guess....

So basically Northern Ireland has the better gun laws?
Whow
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 11:47:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Whow
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So who will it be?

I guess....

Whow

Yep Northern Ireland is way better, they seem to have some relatively cheap country homes as well.
The Republic of Ireland is without a doubt my least favorite place to live (based on their crappy laws all round) in Europe.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 4:37:18 PM EDT
[#7]
S-hit, communist Czechoslovakia was gun-paradise compared to Ireland..
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 2:20:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
S-hit, communist Czechoslovakia was gun-paradise compared to Ireland..
View Quote

True.

I love Czech. My beloved CZ75 (M75) and my SO's CZ75 SP-01 Phantom come from there....
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 7:05:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm saddened by this
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 1:29:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm saddened by this
View Quote

I hear ya...
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:56:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Apparently, as an American, OP/Buckshot Jim, YOU are not welcome in Irish pubs!  

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2014/07/22/irish-cafe-bans-loud-americans/?intcmp=HPBucket

Seems like us Americans have a bad reputation in Ireland.  

To that, I answer, and quote an Irish drinking song: "Them that don't like me can leave me alone."

The weather, the beer, and the girls are better in Germany anyway
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:40:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I concur.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:33:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I concur.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I concur.

Well, I'm not going to Germany this year so I'll have to do the best I can. My wife probably wouldn't want me doin all that anyway. If she says okay I'll SIIHPAPP
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:39:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well, I'm not going to Germany this year so I'll have to do the best I can. My wife probably wouldn't want me doin all that anyway. If she says okay I'll SIIHPAPP
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I concur.

Well, seems like you're SOL...

What part of Ireland are you guys going to? I've been there several times and might have some leads if I know the general area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top