Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2013 3:04:28 AM EDT
I should be graduating from college this time next year and I'm curious on how hard it would be to get a job. My major is business/information management from an upper ranked school. Thanks for any information/help.
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 6:45:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Tony or Mike should have some info on the work.

Is it only Germany or are other Eu countries also a option ? For instance the Netherlands is very English based on the big business.

Germans visiting here tell me 2 things:

a) Women are plump (well at least compared to German I guess)
b) You live in a dolls house.

Link Posted: 12/26/2013 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tony or Mike should have some info on the work.

Is it only Germany or are other Eu countries also a option ? For instance the Netherlands is very English based on the big business.

Germans visiting here tell me 2 things:

a) Women are plump (well at least compared to German I guess)
b) You live in a dolls house.

View Quote

Any place that would be worth living in really. The Germany or Luxemburg area just seem like they would be the nicer places to live, but the Netherlands sound like an option. I have another year till I graduate, but I would like to have some kind of an idea about my options and where to look.

are there any jobsites that might be worth looking at? After looking online so far, it appears to be pretty difficult to get a job in Europe.
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#3]
The Netherlands is crap and I would avoid it at all cost to be honest.

Its only a option if you like smoking pot, hookers and a vibrant gay scene tiny houses, electric cars and massive taxes on any non green car.

We used to be one of the most awesome and cool countries in Europe but a succession of conservative* governments destroyed us and made our fun country a piece of crap.

one of the biggest employment agencies is this one:

http://www.randstad.nl/werknemers/vacatures/opleidingsniveau/hbowo.xml

I'll try an look up some English sites tomorrow.

* Our conservatives are the worst in the sense that they don't like freedom and try and ban stuff, our guns last time ironically were saved by the left wing parties (weird but true)
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 10:26:36 AM EDT
[#4]
are there any jobsites that might be worth looking at?
View Quote

check with Randstad, Adecco or Manpower
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the help. I'm thinking I might have to go to the UK or an easier place to work in first, then try and workout something later. One of you Euro members wouldn't happen to have a single relative, would you?
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks for the help. I'm thinking I might have to go to the UK or an easier place to work in first, then try and workout something later. One of you Euro members wouldn't happen to have a single relative, would you?
View Quote

Well, actually I have one little sister to offer But then you have to come to live and work in Finland first, which is not bad option at all for a young man.
Link Posted: 12/31/2013 10:41:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I should be graduating from college this time next year and I'm curious on how hard it would be to get a job. My major is business/information management from an upper ranked school. Thanks for any information/help.
View Quote

do you speak German or have any nexus or background to Germany?
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm currently taking German for college, and will be at an intermediate level when I graduate. I of course wouldn't be apposed to continuing with it, and more than likely will anyway to benefit me with jobs.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm currently taking German for college, and will be at an intermediate level when I graduate. I of course wouldn't be apposed to continuing with it, and more than likely will anyway to benefit me with jobs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

have you started networking yet with any German-American Business Associations?
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 3:28:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't know they exist, I'll start looking into it and see which ones are near me. Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 6:36:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I didn't know they exist, I'll start looking into it and see which ones are near me. Thanks for the help
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Try AmCham and others.

http://www.amcham.de/services/job-opportunities.html#c5520

Good luck, it ain't easy. Your German needs to be FLUENT, I dunno if college intermediate is enough....
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 6:36:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well, actually I have one little sister to offer But then you have to come to live and work in Finland first, which is not bad option at all for a young man.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics of sis.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Pics of sis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics of sis.

Fail. Pics of her collection of Sakos first.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fail. Pics of her collection of Sakos first.
View Quote

http://s20.postimg.org/64545cj3h/IMG_20111125_201357.jpg

Typical rifle collection of a young lady in Finland
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#15]
And she's smoking Al Capones too?!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top