User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2009 2:33:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: toemag]
Link Posted: 2/7/2009 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/8/2009 4:42:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I am into IPSC a lot.

The BDS (Bund Deutscher Sportschützen) is hosting IPSC in Germany exlusivly.
You need to take a 8hour class at your local BDS-area, every state has one in Germany, and an upgrade for rifle/shotgun.
Understand that IPSC and USPSA rules are a littel different. For exampel in USPSA the G34 is a Prod. gun and in IPSC it is not.
In IPSC the stock-gun has to fit in the box INCLUDING the mag, in USPSA the gun hast to fit without the mag, but the mag can´t be longer then 140mm.

Cheers,

Gunner

Link Posted: 2/9/2009 8:14:34 AM EDT
[#3]
IPSC in Australia is run by IPSC Australia, one of the three government recognized pistol shooting organizations.

The main laws that affect us are the ones limiting us to pistol of less than 10 rounds, .38 caliber and a minimum 5" barrel.

We also need to ensure that COFs are "politically correct", so realistic props and the like are rarely used. Classic Targets, of course.
Link Posted: 2/9/2009 12:17:17 PM EDT
[#4]
DSF -Dansk Sportsskytte Forbund- does the honors here in Denmark. They are affiliated with the Dansk Skytte Union federation, that's the one dealing with international shooting. Pistols are limited to .38 caliber and a minimum overall length of 21 cm's. IPSC was only recently acknowledged by the government. It has been subject to what amounts to harrassment really, demands of applying for permission to the ministry before any event is organised, continued demands to shut it down because of the dangerous nature of the COF etc etc.
http://www.dsf.dk/
Soren

Link Posted: 2/10/2009 3:48:44 PM EDT
[#5]
IPSC is qite popular here in Norway, there is'nt to many resrictions on gun ownership here at present.
The europeean rifle championship is to be held here first in july this year.
AR rifles seems to be the prefered weapond, but also some other types is used.. Sig 550, and 551 is also popular.
For pistol, is most usable guns used, high cap 1911, Tanfoglio, CZ ....
Qualification courses is held in most clubs. Mostly safety issues are covered.
Link Posted: 2/11/2009 1:58:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/11/2009 9:05:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/11/2009 4:27:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: toemag] [#8]
In France IPSC has been renamed TSV (Tir Sportif de Vitesse = Speed Sporting shotting)

here is the link :

http://www.nfftsv.fr/

And for video, I invite you to search on youtube with the name "daguenel" and you'll see our Calamity Jane !!

Video 1

Video 2

Link Posted: 2/11/2009 4:58:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: toemag] [#9]
Link Posted: 2/12/2009 4:41:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: toemag] [#10]
Mats shoots for Sweden now, but are still a member of my pistol club in Copenhagen. He's considered one of the best in Scandinavia. Lots of video on his page.

link

Soren
Link Posted: 2/12/2009 8:17:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/12/2009 12:42:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for fixing the link. I'm on a 6Mb/s link and the video stutters slightly every 10-12 seconds. Then again, it is HD video with stereo sound etc...
Soren
Link Posted: 2/12/2009 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Heres some rifle shooting from 2006 Nordic rifle. Notice the guy with the G3. It makes all the AR's sound like pop-guns...
Nordic rifle 2006 Borris, Denmark
Alle these Semiautos was either on a military FAC or owned by foreigners allowed to compete with semis.
Soren
Link Posted: 2/12/2009 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/13/2009 2:18:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I must admit to the fact I know next to nothing about rifle IPSC, but the few facts I did dig out is the distances are between 5 and 200 meters. The stages are the same for both optics and iron sights, so that makes sense... As things are now legally, you cannot get a semi on a sports licence (whatever that is) so only the (very) few who has their home guard company commander's approval can shoot in competitions. One such comp is tomorrow, so if I can take the -5 degree temperatures I'll see if one is available. Can supply the ammo and the mags myself
Combi rifle
The mag riding is considered bad form. It was apparently tolerated in Borris three years ago, but do it at kombirifle and you're DQ'ed.
Heres some other pictures from last years summer KR match, the bottom picture is Leo with his swedish Mauser, dominating the match, as the text says.
Combi rifle 2007 summer
Soren (packing the range bag now
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#16]
This match took place last saturday, 14-02-2009 and was both cold and heavily covered by equipment (-4 degrees and 3 cameras) I used a borrowed  stock Diemaco C7 in the semi classes and my own trusted Schultz and Larsen M/69 Mauser rebuild in 6,5x55 swedish (74cm bull barrel on a DWM model 1908 Brazilian receiver probably built in 1963-65 and rebarreled/stocked in 1969-70) for the manual action standard stage. A club mate used his swiss K31
Combi rifle 14. february 2009 KSC Copenhagen
Kristian on the videos, is a gunsmith and dealer who competes as well (you know the type)
Soren
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 12:21:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice video with rifle contest, unfortunatly, IPSC in France doesn't allow the use of rifle, only handgun.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 4:24:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MaxFr:
Nice video with rifle contest, unfortunatly, IPSC in France doesn't allow the use of rifle, only handgun.

It's the same here. I would love to do some IPSC rifle but none of the shooting associations are willing to pressure the authorities into allowing it.

Link Posted: 2/23/2009 9:58:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NeilSM2] [#20]
Hi toemag

After 10 years without a pistol match in the UK our association was able to back an IPSC level 2 match last year in Northern Ireland & more are planned for this year.

IPSC shotgun is also great fun, I  have shot with Kurt the winner of the 2006 Nordic rifle match posted earlier in this thread, a number of times, he is a great competitor, here he is with his Benelli shotgun in Greece at the IPSC European Shotgun Championships Kavala 2006 on one of the many slug only stages.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4WxcGFxJZA&feature=channel_page

I know Kurt plans to attend both the IPSC rifle & shotgun Euro's this year.

European Shotgun Championships September 2009 CZ Republic
http://www.esc09.eu/index_en.php

European Rifle Championship July 2009 Norway
http://www.erc2009.no/

Jerry Miculek is also down to shoot the rifle match in July & also Kelly Neal, it will be a top level competition with some of the US big guns in attendance.

IPSC shooting is great fun & in all my years of doing it I have made many friends around the world as a direct result of IPSC matches.

The guys I have met through IPSC have lent me & other UK competitors guns that our government will not let us own in order to shoot the matches, that is the level of friendship & spirit I like about IPSC.

I am very grateful to you guys & I will continue to shoot practical matches for as long as I can.

many rifle shooters in the UK do not currently shoot IPSC & a few malign our IPSC association, Im hoping more constructive threads like this one will show them what they are missing & they will support it in future.

N

Link Posted: 3/17/2009 1:41:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RN-Submariner] [#21]
There is a stalwart group that shoot Practical Rifle in the UK although its not real IPSC "Practical".

IPSC style would be difficult if not impossible on the majority of UK ranges except, maybe for the few Field Firing Ranges around. I doubt many rifle shooters in the UK would want to associate themselves with it due to the "dangerous" nature of the CoFs as mentioned above, certainly those that are qualified to run practices on FFRs (the professional military) would not wish to be associated with it, even those that could make it happen if they wanted too.  

It takes many weeks to train a soldier to the level required to shoot safely and manoeuvre on a FFR, it cannot be done safely in short order. If it were to happen in the UK it would need the support of professionals and, like I said, that is not likely to happen in the current climate; shame though as I do have some contacts but don't feel that I could support an IPSC type event in the UK at present.  

Given enough time though things might change.

Link Posted: 3/17/2009 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#22]
IMHO getting a shooter up to the standard required for shooting outside an civilian-approved range is a question of setting up the necessary training courses and of course getting the message out to the clubs. In this country they started IPSC 17 years ago with the authorities almost blocking every step they took: Approval for every match they set up -could take up to a year to get- courses for new shooters had to get approval as well, rules and regulations had to be translated into a special bureaucrat-format newspeak and so on. But they prevailed and they can now run IPSC as every other club.
Next hurdle is getting semiautomatic rifles legal for competition shooting. It should be possible, as we already have (rather strict) rules for semiauto handguns. Shooting on military ranges is not an everyday thing here as in the UK, but for "Terrain-matches" it does happen. This years national gymnastics games in Holbæk will use the wonderful range at Jægerspris for the terrain section. (Jægerspris has a number of combat stations equipped with SAAB-type remote-controlled falling targets, I tried it last year on a private arrangement, I have never had so much fun. Besides I don't think those targets have ever been shot at with 8 mm mauser bullets.... (or .303))
View from combat station 19 -scroll down a bit
(For those that are confused now; The danish connection between gymnastics and shooting is an old one, from before 1900...)
If we could get something like PR or CSR on the menu here or maybe really long range CoF's, 600 and 1000 meters; The decline in members we see these days might not be so rapid.
Dynamic shooting has a future, lets hope it won't get ruined by uncooperative bufoons. -Oh yes we have them here too...
Blabbermouth Soren signing off.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 2:26:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 11:02:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 12:47:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kaptain_Haddock] [#25]
We got IPSC in Finland, commonly called Practical. However I don't shoot it, I shoot SRA which I will talk about instead because it is kinda like IPSC except it's quasi-government run. Basically after you've done your conscription you can join a reservist club that in turns belongs to a nationwide reservist organisation (the governing body).

After you have joined you must complete a safety training and test, like in IPSC. From there on you can shoot in SRA competitions. There are all kinds of variations like SRA pistol, SRA rifle, SRA shotgun, etc. just like in IPSC.

You use your own gear and guns ofcourse. The most common is the SRA rifle and pistol. CZ-XX pistols and Glocks are popular handguns here, AK variations and AR-15s for the rifles. I mostly use a Glock 17, AR-15 and Remington 870. So all in all it's pretty much like IPSC.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 6:28:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 5:51:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Practical shooting is very popular in Finland, with the competitions usually being packed.

About the SRA shooting mentioned on the previous page,

You shoot with your own weapons, gear and ammo. Main focus is on the rifle, looking at the national championships it is usually c. 60 % rifle, 30% pistol and 10% shotgun or a stage where the weapon choice is left to the shooter.

Shortly explained, it is a more military oriented version of Practical shooting.

A picture from last years Finnish championships;

The stage descriptions might tell of "eliminating the enemy etc." and the stages can include short physical tasks such as throwing a hand grenade or carrying anti tank mines, but obviously the main purpose is to compete with regard to shooting and weapon handling abilities.

The actual SRA ( Sovellettu Reserviläisammunta or Applied Reservist Shooting ) discipline has been shot to my knowledge for roughly 15 years now and is a popular and growing shooting sport among the military reservists.

Some people shoot it to develope their overall weapon handling and shooting skills, some shoot it more competetively.

If one looks at the top 10-20 finishers at the national championships, you will find many names that are at the top in Practical shooting as well.

Our reservist area has the responsibility for organising the national championships for this summer and we will try to keep our team gold medals
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 5:35:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: toemag] [#28]
Link Posted: 8/6/2009 5:10:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: shortyone] [#29]
my 2011 match gun - 9mm  .... HPS made in Germany :)

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6075/hpsklaus1.jpg

this weekend 2 gun match with my Colt M4 .22 :)

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9178/dscf1010d.jpg

Last match was last weekend "Sickinger Cup" in Upper Austria.
Link Posted: 8/6/2009 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 4:20:35 AM EDT
[#31]
not so much traffic in the "Europe" folder i see....

i have some videos of last saturday - 2 gun match....unfortunately dont know, how and where to upload videos - is there any site like "imagehack.uk" ???
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Just ordered my first real gun, a CZ SP01 Shadow
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 5:34:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Lancair:

Congratulations !!! CZ is a good reliable piece....my first was a CZ 75 TS TeamEdition3....i was very satisfied with it

which caliber you own? 9mm or .40 ? any competitions (IPSC) ?
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By shortyone:
my 2011 match gun - 9mm  .... HPS made in Germany :)

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6075/hpsklaus1.jpg

this weekend 2 gun match with my Colt M4 .22 :)

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9178/dscf1010d.jpg

Last match was last weekend "Sickinger Cup" in Upper Austria.

Your M4 looks to be full auto.  What do you have to do in Austria go get that?
Link Posted: 8/14/2009 1:22:27 AM EDT
[#35]
it's only Semi-auto !  full auto is forbidden,...unfortunately...like silencers
Link Posted: 8/14/2009 4:11:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Lancair:

Congratulations !!! CZ is a good reliable piece....my first was a CZ 75 TS TeamEdition3....i was very satisfied with it

which caliber you own? 9mm or .40 ? any competitions (IPSC) ?

9mm, when it arrives. I'll shoot IPSC with it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2009 8:13:54 PM EDT
[#37]
it's only Semi-auto !  full auto is forbidden,...unfortunately...like silencers

That's too bad.  In your pic it looks like the selector is on auto and there is a dark dot where the auto sear would be.  What length barrel?
Link Posted: 8/15/2009 6:57:16 AM EDT
[#38]
yeah, this is the bad known 180 degree saving pin. "real" M4 owners blame this thing...for me it's complete nonsense...never save my gun anyway *hrrr* *gg*

Barrel Length 16.2 in (412 mm )
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 8:26:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperMpm] [#39]
Originally Posted By MaxFr:
In France IPSC has been renamed TSV (Tir Sportif de Vitesse = Speed Sporting shotting)

here is the link :

http://www.nfftsv.fr/

And for video, I invite you to search on youtube with the name "daguenel" and you'll see our Calamity Jane !!

Video 1

Video 2

Hi all,

here is his official website http://laetitiadaguenel.free.fr and http://www.myspace.com/laetitiadaguenel .

"Laëtitia Daguenel IPSC 2009" Teaser DVD

Best regards,

MPM
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/26/2010 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Here near Portland, Oregon in the USA there is a club called Tri-County gun club.  They have very active disciplines in IPSC, IDPA, 3-gun, close quarters battle rifle, tactical shoots, practical rifle, and sniper matches.  There are usually two sniper matches happening in February, and August, one practical rifle night shoot that is held in December.  The night practical rifle match is very interesting as it is quite difficult to test yourself and equipment by shooting in the dark at night.  Usually the first few times people come to the night match, they learn a tremendous amount about their equipment, and often, their best laid plans don't work out.  But after shooting at a couple of night matches, they sort out their gear, and do quite well.

Tri-County Gun club has an internet web site for more information.  Or you can PM or email me.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 3:55:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kaapo] [#42]
Here is some guy awesome video this year SRA(Reservist shooting) championship

http://vimeo.com/27158093
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 6:40:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 6:32:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kalju] [#44]
Here's a link to a video of this year's Finnish Production championships best squad.

Link to http://vimeo.com/28780848
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 4:27:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/25/2012 5:13:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By toemag:
Originally Posted By kalju:
Here's a link to a video of this year's Finnish Production championships best squad.

Link to http://vimeo.com/28780848

That's a better than average film production, and some great footage.

Well done..

Tony

Unfortunately I can not take credit for the footage. Those dudes have some excellent production skills though.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:37:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Masiina] [#47]
Let´s bumb this thread. Here´s couple of my videos from earlier mentioned SRA-shooting competition from last summer. Can´t wait for this seasons matches.
My helmet cam needs a little bit adjusting.
Short pistol stage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwb8obAAGIE
Medium pistol stage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VJtx_Xjlrs
Medium rifle stage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9hBsEYm3x4

Pistol is S&W M&P9 and rifle is Bushmaster 16" with Vortex Viper PST 1-4x24 and handguard is Troy Vtac 15".
Couldn´t find any decent pictures of rifle with optics.

Pic taken with potato called Nokia.

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top