Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2017 10:33:37 PM EDT
I'm pretty sure this is legal, but I love my freedom and want expert advice. Can I travel with an AR- pistol from Colorado through New Mexico to Arizona? in a rental car? through tribal land? or just bring a 1911? or nothing? I follow the law.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, AR-pistols are fully legal in NM. There are no mag limits/restrictions, etc. As long as your AR-pistol is legally setup by Federal standards you should be golden.

Car is an extension of your home in NM and open-carry is legal. No issues there.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Not LE hopefully BURN will chime in but I have carried and traveled in the three states in question and have never had an issue.
I did have LE on a reservation in NW NM freak out like 12 year old girls from NYC encountering there first snake and spend 30 minutes checking me out and unloading all my weapons and placing them in my trunk for safety.
Pulled over on 40 for a bad headlight on a rental...
It was a win as I stopped at the next Walmart to see if I could get a bulb and scored 1000rds of WWB 9mm for $200.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info everyone!  I just wanted to make sure
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top