Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2017 9:17:12 PM EDT
I have a couple of 80% NDS lowers that should be coming back from the engraver soon and then I'll need to mill them out. I'm trying to find out if there's anyone local who can do anodizing.  Black is fine.  M16 grey would be great as these are retro A1 lowers. I know I can do Cerakote or Norells, and I may have to go that route but thought I'd try this first. 
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 3:14:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Kaehr Coatings on Candelaria advertises that they have an FFL and do firearm anodizing. I can't speak to the quality of their work as I haven't had anything done but it's on my list of things to do. I've not been able to locate any other local shops that do anodizing.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Been out of town. I looked at their website--looks promising. 
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Got Kaehr to do some lowers and one upper. They did good work. Just wish they cold do a different color than black. I'm looking for the XM grey look for my NDS lowers. Will post pics when I get back to town. If anyone else wants to do this we should pool our resources since it's very economical to do 16 pieces at a time. 
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:59:24 PM EDT
[#4]
What was the cost?  I have some 80% this I want anodized.

MAHA
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 8:31:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the total was around $190 with tax.  The best thing to do is to pool pieces and put in a single order with 16 pieces (I think that's the max).  Brings the cost per piece way down to what it should be according to John Brace (aka braceman) who does engraving for many retro lowers.  I have some more that I haven't milled yet but I'd be willing to take the lead if we can get more people interested in having this done.  They can also strip and reanodize stuff. I had them do that with a really beat up A1 upper I got out of an M16 parts kit.  I think I had 9 pieces in all.  Since US Annodizing is not doing these right now due to a large military contract order, this is the only game in town (literally).
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#6]
What is your time frame on your next batch?  I am interested but would need to get them milled and do some custom laser work done.

MAHA
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I haven't milled anything recently.  I do have 2 NODAK SPUD (NDS) lowers with Braceman for engraving.  He does a great job on A1 retro lowers. When he sends them back, I'll mill them.  That's probably a few weeks away.  Who's doing your engraving?  I may want to have some A2 lowers engraved locally.  What's the cost? Will they laser engrave them after they've been milled?  I'm thinking I should have 7 or 8 ready sometime early Oct.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 5:07:51 AM EDT
[#8]
ABQ laser engraving has done all my work. Lots of NFA and some not. NFA marking have been $40 cheaper if you have multiple done. He has done 80% before and after as well and anodized lowers.

Lee is the owner I can PM his number if you want.  

MAHA
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 8:46:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes please pm number
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:57:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes please pm number
View Quote
Info sent.

MAHA
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 1:54:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Can you guys post pictures of the work mentioned above?  I’ve been wondering if Lee would engrave 80% lowers and how they turn out.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 12:45:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you guys post pictures of the work mentioned above?  I’ve been wondering if Lee would engrave 80% lowers and how they turn out.
View Quote
Lee at ABQ laser has done all my Class 3 stuff.  He knows what he is doing.  I would trust him 100%

MAHA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top