Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2017 3:04:47 PM EDT
Most of you were probably aware DPS was floating the idea late last year of changing the CCW rules.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20161020/new-mexico-please-submit-your-comments-on-proposed-concealed-carry-rule-changes

Among other things, the new rules according to the NRA would do the following:

All New Mexico residents who carry in-state under the authority of a reciprocal state license, or anyone moving to the state who may currently legally carry under the authority of a reciprocal state license, could be forced to apply for a New Mexico license.

All DPS-approved instructors would be required to complete “in-service training” every other year, administered by the agency.

I have been hoping nothing would come of it, and never did find any public announcement that they were changed, but it appears its a done deal. Buried in the latest rules posted on DPS' website they have rescinded all carry permits from other states to NM residents.  Latest Rules

H.No reciprocity shall be afforded to a license issued by another state to a New Mexico resident. [10.8.2.29 NMAC - Rp, 10.8.2.29 NMAC, 11-30-16]  
View Quote

This is outrageous.  No new law was passed, Susanna's DPS literally reinterpreted existing law (same crap Obama did for years).

I can't imagine I'm the only one that preferred using an AZ license due to the expense, headache, and bureaucracy associated with a NM one.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate RINOs...
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:25:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow, what a bucket of shit. I'm so glad I live in a free state now.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm hoping HPA and national reciprocity pass, because I'm not willing to put up with the NM CCW bureaucracy.  Canceling my AZ permit is ridiculous.  In fact, as of now the DPS site still states AZ license are valid, one has to read the new rule changes to actually see they are no longer accepted.  

What a fucking joke. Thanks Susanna.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep we've had a thread going on it. Forced me to get a NM license which has some absurd requirements. Purely a revenue scheme.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top