Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2017 7:26:36 PM EDT
As usual, started off with a Number 9-

Over easy, flour tortilla, hashbrowns and red chile. Perea's. Crowded, noisy, and so good!

Traffic was nuts getting into the fairgrounds, some additional event. Had to park way the hell out there, but the walk helped quiet breakfast and give us time
to build up a good charge for carpet bombing.

NMGCA made a big deal in their ads, implicating  that this show wouldn't have a lot of "crap", but guns, guns and more guns, kinves and swords (has anyone EVER bought a sword at a NMGCA show?)

While I will be kind, and not say they out and out lied, they did make promises just like Democrats.

Main room only open, and at least 20% of the floor space was taken up with NM State Police vehicle, a truck for raffle, the NM Military Museum display,
including the half-track with the quad Ma-Deuce.

Lots of jewelry, soaps and lotions, candy and jerky, cheap,Chinese flea market toys and junk, wooden toys, the painted rock girls, and yes, by God, a window (Anderson) table.

Lots of purse vendors, but to be fair, half of them were for concealed carry (right).

Sadly missing was the pie lady- I was really wanting one of her large pecan pies- even bought vanilla ice cream yesterday in anticipation.

Very few professional vendors (Ron Peterson dragged out the usual dregs), but there were a few temptations:
A fine old gentleman (first row, right, outside tables) had a nice assortment of cap&ball revolvers, including the General Lee and General Grant COLT
Navy commemoratives, mint, in wood cases with all accessories and paperwork, priced at $400 each, and almost instantly leaned over and said "I've got a lot of room to work on my prices".

I'll probably always regret I didn't go back and pick up the Lee.

Same row, inside first table, Federal Auto Match .22, 325 rnd boxes @ $20 each- barely over Walmart price, and no-tax cash and carry.

Elsewhere, neckbeards were asking (and all I saw was smirks, no buyers) up to 20 cents a round, average seemed to be 15 cents.

My buddy picked up a pristine, in the box S&W airweight .22 Magnum snubby for $460, which is a bargain.

No major magazine vendors (saw Magpul 3rd gen 30s @ $15!).
And no case, gun rug vendors.

Best lol table had a Ruger lcr.38 @ $897, and a bone stock plain Remington 1911r @ $1275!

Fairly crowded, more due to the table set up than anything, but people were buying- saw a guy walk out with  3 orange-tagged Mosin variants (and the cheapest I saw was $350 asking price).

Traditional NM gun show crowd- old fat giys with fanny packs, young mothers pushing double strollers, but nearly everyone was polite and considerate.
Surprisingly missing was the "Banger" element.

GSD guy was there with his awsome dog, and took a smoke break with a hilarious, genuine Scottsman.

I guess I was just in the right mood, because what should have been a real shit-show was a lot of fun.

Link Posted: 3/5/2017 1:34:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the report.

Any good crop dustings after eating the number 9? 
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 7:32:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the report.

Any good crop dustings after eating the number 9? 
View Quote

Like I said, everybody was polite and considerate.

No shots fired.

Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Excellent as always!
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 9:09:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Excellent as always!
View Quote

Uh, off by a month and a couple days, but Thanks!

(i think that's the one you tried to hit)

Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:41:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Excellent as always!

It was actually my Birthday, I started drinking a little early, Sorry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top