Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/20/2016 12:11:12 PM EDT
Apparently there will again be more background check bills brought up next session.

Everytown claims to have a majority now (link to newspaper article)

Fuck these assholes. We are going to be fighting here for a long time. We're one D governor away from being CO.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 1:58:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Shit....
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 2:42:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Expect increasing push from the left on every front now.

They are truly pissed and enraged.....

Link Posted: 11/20/2016 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#3]
You are one D governor away from becoming California!
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think California, but I could definitely see Colorado. Hell Suzana said she would sign that bullshit had it passed last time.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't think California, but I could definitely see Colorado. Hell Suzana said she would sign that bullshit had it passed last time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NO, just NO.  I live in CA for 20 years and they are so fucked.  I have bought more guns in the last 3 months since my move and I will be starting my SBR on Monday.  I could not do any of that in CA.  I have already become active to prevent a Californication at all costs.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 11:56:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I hate this states demographics.   Damn hippies up north and in the mountains screw us.  

I hate to say it, but we need to make sure anyone running for governer after rino martinez needs a hispanic last name.   Sad that we have to use a hispanic last name to get votes.  

Good news is alot of the dems in the south that I know have all went hardcore repub after Obama.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 7:55:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I hate this states demographics.   Damn hippies up north and in the mountains screw us.  

I hate to say it, but we need to make sure anyone running for governer after rino martinez needs a hispanic last name.   Sad that we have to use a hispanic last name to get votes.  

Good news is alot of the dems in the south that I know have all went hardcore repub after Obama.
View Quote

You mean a fine hispanic name like, maybe, Johnson?

Link Posted: 11/25/2016 11:24:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was a ways back.  We werent as blue back then.  Gringo repub governer will be no more unless we cut off the northern half.  

Laugh all you want but there is enough hispanic folks that will vote soley on name to sway this state left or right in major elections.  Its not a large percentage overall, but its enough to make a difference.  

Put Susana up for POTUS or VPOTUS and watch this state go red.  It is what it is.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#9]
With the dems controlling both houses now we might be fucked.  Susanna is no friend to gun rights.  At least she isn't a dem though...
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 5:26:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Okay, just got word on the two bills that have been prefiled that are BAD.  We definitely need to oppose SB48 and HB50.  These are Michael Bloomberg specials aimed at halting all gun transfers except through an FFL.  Note I said "transfers" not just "sales."  These are very broad bills that are aimed at turning us into Colorado, or at least taking a first stab at doing so.  If these pass, HICAP mag bans are next, mark my words.  If you value your Second Amendment rights, you need to write/email your legislators and tell them to oppose these bills.  I guess since Bloomberg's anti-gun group saw NM along with Colorado as the only two "blue" states out here in a sea of red, they thought they'd take another run at us since they already conquered Colorado and they saw where the Dems took back control of both houses here.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 9:40:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I agree, but I would doubt they don't pass. We need to start emailing the governor as well. Start the opposition to signing them.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 10:23:12 PM EDT
[#12]
My two reps are solid pro-gun republicans.  There is not much else I can do on that front.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Talked to one of my Reps today, he was not very optimistic we can stop this.  He was also not very optimistic about Susanna, said she has a very good chance of signing anything that gets to her desk.  Not sure what else to do, but keep calling your reps guys.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Wrote mine today.  Easy way to find your reps...

https://www.nmlegis.gov/Members/Find_By_Address
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:07:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I wrote mine using the NRA-ila form. Thinking about starting to write the governor.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 11:41:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Talked to a guy on the antidrug coalition.  Sounds like Pot on the ballot is coming.  I'd imagine they are gonna shoot for some anti 2a stuff since they'll get the dem voters out.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Talked to a guy on the antidrug coalition.  Sounds like Pot on the ballot is coming.  I'd imagine they are gonna shoot for some anti 2a stuff since they'll get the dem voters out.
View Quote

The dope thing should've been settled long ago.  All it does now is create opportunities for more leftist shit to pass when they inevitably bring out the stoners to vote on it. The guy in AZ had it right, let the legislature legalize or risk the voters doing it and voting in the next Obama or worse at the same time.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 10:17:35 PM EDT
[#18]
I just wrote Dow and Morales. Is it worth the effort to write the committee members as well? None are in my district.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Really sad to see this happening in New Mexico.  I'm a refuge from Colorado where Bloomberg and the liberals ruined that state with that same B.S. legislation.  I've still got relatives in New Mexico and had even considered NM before retiring to Arizona so I hate to see the state turn into another Colorado. You can bet the mag limits will be next on their agenda if they get this pushed through.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Next Tuesday, January 31, the New Mexico Senate Public Affairs Committee will meet at 1:30pm in Room 321 of the State Capitol in Santa Fe to hold a public hearing on Senate Bill 48.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:41:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Any updates from today's hearing?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 3:22:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Heard it got out of committee.  I wrote to the governor just now.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 5:10:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Is there any sense on how the legislature looks on this?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:57:36 AM EDT
[#24]
I just wrote a letter to Governor Susanna . I will also be calling the Governor and my state legislators to voice my opposition. It is sad that if we don't get another republican Governor in 2018 we will quickly become the next Colorado or worse.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:06:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I talked to NRA rep. Michael Horanburg at the Capitan Rifle annual meeting.

He said Susana would likely sign this (SB 48 and HB 50)

A cliff note of the bills, as I understand, it would be illegal to loan (for any amount of time) a firearm to another person with out a back ground check.

Shooting with friends, a no no,  wife or family member picks up your  firearm to defend themselves, a no no.

I know it doesn't make since, but the bills are written so poorly (on purpose) to cover damn near anything they want.

write Susana NOW!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:35:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Apparently SB 48 has been passed by it's committee and HB 50 will be heard by it committee, don't know when.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 4:06:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I did a quick read of SB48 and here's some interesting points:

Transfer restrictions do not apply to family members.
restrictions do not apply to loaning a firearm while target shooting
restrictions do no apply if such a transfer is to a non-prohibited person, if such a transfer is necessary to prevent grave bodily harm
restrictions do not apply while hunting
And finally, they do not apply if the owner is physically present.

It looks like the libs are learning from their criticism on previous bills in other states. While it is, at least, not as onerous as other state's bills, it wouldn't be as easy to challenge the law as 'unreasonable' as it would Co or Wa's UBC laws. Keep up writing to your state reps and to Gov Martinez and let's nip this.

Here's a link to the SB 48 bill text for 2017:
SB 48 text

Edit for typo
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 7:50:53 PM EDT
[#28]
As jvm mentioned,  HB 50 is scheduled for committee. House Consumer and Public Affairs Committee,  on 2/4. Eliseo Alcon is committee chair. Write your reps and urge committee members to defeat this bill!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#29]
A friend at the roundhouse said we need to be calling Governor RINO if we want this blocked as she will sign it unless we make noise.
505-476-2200
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:56:14 AM EDT
[#30]
I just emailed. Copy of what I sent below.

Dear Governor,

HB50 and SB48 are bills attempting to criminalize any transfer of firearms, even temporary or between family members. It will do nothing to reduce crime as studies conducted by the US government have shown time and time again, and is merely a Democrat hit piece on legal gun owners. As a registered Republican who votes in every election I strongly urge you NOT to sign these bills should they make it to your desk. The majority of New Mexico citizens do not support these onerous bills. Myself and everyone I know will happily spend all of our excess income on defeating any elected official who supports these unconstitutional measures.

Thank you for your time
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Posted in GD

link
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Posted in GD

link
View Quote

Thanks, MrHiggs.  Email sent to Governor.  

I love my home state....but Santa Fe is a hive of scum and villainy.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:54:14 PM EDT
[#33]
New Mexico's own constitution, article 2 section 6, states "....No municipality or county shall regulate, in any way, an incident of the right to keep and bear arms".
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:24:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
New Mexico's own constitution, article 2 section 6, states "....No municipality or county shall regulate, in any way, an incident of the right to keep and bear arms".
View Quote

The state is doing it.  Loophole.  All depends on how the courts wish to define it.  With the progressive liberal State Supreme Court, we're all fooked.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 2:26:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Do we have any members attending the committee hearing who can give us an update?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:43:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Update

From a member present at the committee meeting. Not really surprising, we need to keep hammering state reps and the governor.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:44:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Do we have any members attending the committee hearing who can give us an update?
View Quote

Here's the copy pasta from what I just posted over in GD:

I went up to Santa Fe today to testify against these bills. This morning, it was specifically HB50. This was a committee hearing, not a full vote, but it did pass the committee this morning, right down partisan lines. They are both virtually identical, and both would require that you go through an NICS background check not only for private sales, but also if you just wanted to let a buddy borrow a firearm. Even worse, you would have to go through a background check just to get your own firearm back after lending it to your buddy. It is absurd. The bills are also internally contradictory and they have some moot sections based on the way it is written.

Here is the text of the bill:
NM SB48

One of the groups that is pushing this bill is funded by Bloomberg, which means that NY money is coming into influence NM politics, which as a native of this state, really pisses me off. The specific organization is Moms Demand Action For Gun Sense In America, which is part of Everytown For Gun Safety, which is a Bloomberg creation. I was told this morning that some of the people getting up to testify to the legislature (they were wearing red shirts) were from out of state. I don't know if it was true or not, but when I got up to speak, I introduced myself with "My grandfather was born in the United States Territory of New Mexico, I'm a New Mexican." I pointed out that this will create a new class of criminal who is more heavily armed than the entire LEO apparatus of the State of New Mexico, which will in turn erode their authority and erode the rule of law.

There were several hours of testimony from both sides, and after that was done, the committee voted 3-1 to pass the bill on to the next step, which is another committee hearing.

I am currently working on an in depth analysis of the bill, and then will use that to produce a 1 page (or less) bullet point document about the bill for quick reference. I am going to spam the entire legislature with it. My senator is against this bill, and she is also my neighbour, so that helps. I also want to target the senators and representatives who introduced this legislation the next time they are up for reelection. I was on a campaign several years ago where a NOT hated incumbent was ousted where our candidate won ~65-35 in the primaries. That is unheard of in politics, but I know how that campaign was run, and it was run very different than a typical campaign. I will offer up my services at the next election to get these people out of there. Ideally, at least one or two should be ousted in the primaries by pro gun dems (yes, we have those here,) just to send a message: DON'T FUCK WITH OUR GUNS!

For fellow New Mexicans on here, I will keep you updated as this progresses, but it looks like we're headed to this passing the house and the senate, but that it will likely be vetoed by the governor.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:29:25 PM EDT
[#38]
How sure are you that Martinez will veto? I've not heard good things on that front. Also, I'm not acutely aware of the numbers in the legislature this year. Do they have numbers for a veto override?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:49:53 PM EDT
[#39]
So seeing how Garcia Richard is about to be my rep (moving soon) I'm debating sending this email. What do you guys think? Worth it?

Rep. Richard,

I am contacting you to voice my absolute displeasure in your sponsorship of HB50. This bill does absolutely nothing to combat crime. You are going after law abiding gun owners and have clearly seen fit to accept money from Bloomberg sponsored groups which preach hate and even death threats on anyone who legally uses a firearm in their defense. Myself and all my friends will now spend all of our discretionary income to unseat you and expose you for bringing NY money into NM politics. Honestly you should be ashamed of yourself for being part of the problem and not the solution to the plague of gang and drug violence that blankets this state. I am absolutely disgusted to call you my rep.

If you were actually trying to make this state a better place you would go after activist judges who see it necessary to let repeat offenders off easy and allow gang violence to propagate through our state. You would make harsher penalties for drug offenders who are often the catalyst for this type of violence. And you would back "Stand Your Ground" laws like those that have been so successful in other states of reducing crime because the bad guys know that there is a strong possibility they will be met with lethal force should they decide to create a new victim.  But you would rather accept money from Bloomberg and thrust your chest out and claim you have done something by passing a pathetic attempt at demonizing law abiding citizens than go after the real problems.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:58:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
How sure are you that Martinez will veto? I've not heard good things on that front. Also, I'm not acutely aware of the numbers in the legislature this year. Do they have numbers for a veto override?
View Quote

I'm not positive, but in the conversation I had with my state Senator, she agreed that it was likely.  

Also, in the GD thread, a poster said that the FBI refused to do NICS background checks in NV for temporary transfers, which had passed a similar law because it was too much for the system.  I am going to hound the FBI for an official statement on this, and if true, I will torpedo these bills.  Hard.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:02:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So seeing how Garcia Richard is about to be my rep (moving soon) I'm debating sending this email. What do you guys think? Worth it?
View Quote

If you want, you can add something like this (but in your own words):  This bill has onerous provisions that will not be followed, which will in turn create a new criminal class which collectively is more heavily armed than the entire law enforcement apparatus in the State of New Mexico.  If you want to erode your authority and erode the rule of law, you should see to it that this bill is passed.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:14:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm not positive, but in the conversation I had with my state Senator, she agreed that it was likely.  

Also, in the GD thread, a poster said that the FBI refused to do NICS background checks in NV for temporary transfers, which had passed a similar law because it was too much for the system.  I am going to hound the FBI for an official statement on this, and if true, I will torpedo these bills.  Hard.
View Quote

All the more reason to make sure Martinez is hearing us, in addition to pressure from NRA-ILA.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:48:29 PM EDT
[#43]
OK, I found the NV AG's opinion on the NV law.  The FBI's policy that applied there is not directly applicable to our situation.  However, I think I figured out who to contact at the FBI specifically about temporary transfers, and will be on this.  It may be a dead end, but I won't know until I ask.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:21:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Rep. Richard,

I am contacting you to voice my absolute displeasure in your sponsorship of HB50. This bill does absolutely nothing to combat crime. You are going after law abiding gun owners and have clearly seen fit to accept money from Bloomberg sponsored groups which preach hate and even death threats on anyone who legally uses a firearm in their defense. Myself and all my friends will now spend all of our discretionary income to unseat you and expose you for bringing NY money into NM politics. Honestly you should be ashamed of yourself for being part of the problem and not the solution to the plague of gang and drug violence that blankets this state. I am absolutely disgusted to call you my rep.

If you were actually trying to make this state a better place you would go after activist judges who see it necessary to let repeat offenders off easy and allow gang violence to propagate through our state. You would make harsher penalties for drug offenders who are often the catalyst for this type of violence. And you would back "Stand Your Ground" laws like those that have been so successful in other states of reducing crime because the bad guys know that there is a strong possibility they will be met with lethal force should they decide to create a new victim.  But you would rather accept money from Bloomberg and thrust your chest out and claim you have done something by passing a pathetic attempt at demonizing law abiding citizens than go after the real problems.  

The thing about telling a shithead you think they are a shithead, is that shitheads don't give a damn.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Update:

https://www.abqjournal.com/942910/firearms-legislation-to-face-amendments-in-nm-house.html

SANTA FE – The sponsor of a firearms proposal working its way through the House says she’s willing to amend the bill so it applies to fewer law-abiding gun owners.

As it stands now, the proposal by Rep. Stephanie Garcia Richard, D-Los Alamos, would require background checks when people sell, lend or give firearms to one another in private transactions.

But she said Saturday that she wants to focus on gun sales, not lending a firearm to a neighbor or someone else for personal protection.

View Quote

It sounds like somebody got taken in by Bloomberg or his minions and found out that gun owners are a grassroots machine.  I have asked around and am told that in person, she is reasonable.  If you want to do the politically prudent thing here, outreach is what you want to do.  We want to convert her to our side.  It won't happen this session, and I will still be opposed to this bill, even if severely altered, but we can be far more reasonable than the regressive left.  We should prove that.  A lot of anti-gun people are that way because they are simply ignorant.  I'm up for a fight, but teaching somebody is much more pleasant in the long run.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#46]
There is another meeting over HB50 tomorrow at 1:30 PM.  It is in room 309 at the Roundhouse.  If you want to get in, you'll probably need to show up 2+ hours early.  My suspicion is that it is going to be amended to only deal with private sales, and then pass the committee.  From there, it will either have to go to another house committee, or it will be bound for the floor.  I haven't checked today, but one or two days ago, the senate bill wasn't going anywhere.  This means that if (when) it passes the house, it will have to go into the Senate, where it will probably have to go through 2-3 committee hearings before going to the floor.  

As I stated before, I think it would be a good idea to try to flip Garcia-Richards to our side before the next session, and pick a senator who introduced the SB48 for a grass roots opposition next time one of them is up for re-election.  We would want to have a pro-gun Dem beat him in the primary to send a real message.  It is possible to do.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:41:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Summary: The bill was amended, some of the exceptions were removed and now, so long as the loan of a firearm (black powder included) is 5 days or less, no background check is required. There was a lot of discussion, and in the end, the amended bill passed out of committee, 6-7.

Details:

I have yet to find an electronic copy of the amended bill (just the old bill,) but here is some of the new/changed stuff (sorry about any typos, this is coming from a hard copy:)

A. Except as provided in Subsection E of this section, a firearm shall not be transferred between two unlicensed persons in a commercial transaction or in a transfer of a period of more than five days without a background check performed by a firearm dealer that authorizes the transfer to the transferee as described in this section.
View Quote

So, basically, if you want to lend your rifle to a friend for a 5 day elk hunt, where he is going to get there the day before, and possibly leave the day after the hunt is over, your buddy needs to get a NICS background check done because the total time of the trip is 7 days for the 5 day elk hunt, and it ain't going to be free. But it gets better, because here are some definitions that DID NOT change:

(6) "transfer" means to sell, furnish, give, lend, deliver or otherwise provide, with or without consideration;

(7) "transferee" means an unlicensed person who intends to receive a firearm from another unlicensed person;

(8) "transferor" means an unlicensed person who intends to transfer a firearm to another unlicensed person; and

(9) "unlicensed person" means a person who is not a firearm dealer."
View Quote

So, after lending a firearm to a buddy for a single day, no background check is required. However, there is nothing in the bill that says that the owner of a firearm cannot be be a transferee, nor is there anything in the bill that would exempt owner-transferees from this requirement. This means that, if I loan out a firearm to a buddy for a day, he does not need a background check, but by those definitions above, returning the firearm to me is a transfer and I am the transferee. Since I'm going to keep it for more than 5 days, because, you know, I fucking own it, I have to go through a background check. This is some of the sloppiest legislation that I have ever read, and I have read a lot.

After that, some of the exceptions to when people would have to get a background check were removed, because they are supposedly covered in the 5 day thing.

Another point: Several Sheriff's showed up. I can name the counties that 7 or 8 are from, and I was told that 12 or 13 in total showed up. IIRC, there are a total of 33 in my state, and every single one of them is against this legislation. Some of them would have had ~6 hour drives to make it there. All of them say that it is unenforceable, and it is.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Thanks for the update Garand555.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:16:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Summary: The bill was amended, some of the exceptions were removed and now, so long as the loan of a firearm (black powder included) is 5 days or less, no background check is required. There was a lot of discussion, and in the end, the amended bill passed out of committee, 6-7.

Details:

I have yet to find an electronic copy of the amended bill (just the old bill,) but here is some of the new/changed stuff (sorry about any typos, this is coming from a hard copy:)

So, basically, if you want to lend your rifle to a friend for a 5 day elk hunt, where he is going to get there the day before, and possibly leave the day after the hunt is over, your buddy needs to get a NICS background check done because the total time of the trip is 7 days for the 5 day elk hunt, and it ain't going to be free. But it gets better, because here are some definitions that DID NOT change:

So, after lending a firearm to a buddy for a single day, no background check is required. However, there is nothing in the bill that says that the owner of a firearm cannot be be a transferee, nor is there anything in the bill that would exempt owner-transferees from this requirement. This means that, if I loan out a firearm to a buddy for a day, he does not need a background check, but by those definitions above, returning the firearm to me is a transfer and I am the transferee. Since I'm going to keep it for more than 5 days, because, you know, I fucking own it, I have to go through a background check. This is some of the sloppiest legislation that I have ever read, and I have read a lot.

After that, some of the exceptions to when people would have to get a background check were removed, because they are supposedly covered in the 5 day thing.

Another point: Several Sheriff's showed up. I can name the counties that 7 or 8 are from, and I was told that 12 or 13 in total showed up. IIRC, there are a total of 33 in my state, and every single one of them is against this legislation. Some of them would have had ~6 hour drives to make it there. All of them say that it is unenforceable, and it is.
View Quote

Thanks for the summary! Fox News ran an article a couple days ago that 32/33 sheriffs signed a letter to the Governor against this bill. Hopefully that's enough to get some attention.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#50]
A few comments based on what I have read.
First, I opposed this legislation and wrote every member of the last committee an email that was very specific as to some of the problems I see in the proposed legislation.  The amendments appears to have addressed some of my concerns but not all of them.  I pointed out in my email that I could not lend my rifle to my buddy to take on a hunt out of state or on an elk hunt in this state.  I agree the proposed amended 5-day limitation is ludicrous and needs to be lengthened to at least 7 but 10 days would be better.  
My main point of contention deals with firearms held by me in a gun trust designed for both NFA and non-NFA items.  Every trustee or beneficiary has an equal right to possess those guns.  How can that be a prohibited transfer?  The legislation exempted transfer to trustees but only upon death.  So if any of you have guns or NFA firearms in a trust, you need to be aware that as originally written, the bill would make it illegal for one trustee to take possession of a firearm in the trust.  Stupid!!
Second, this is Bloomberg's attempt to get the camel's nose into the tent.  If this passes, as I said earlier in this thread and someone else said the same thing, HICAP mag bans will be here NEXT YEAR!!  Ammo background checks will follow after that!! 10-day waiting periods...and more.  I just came from visiting two of my children in California.  It's a shame what has happened there.  This bill won't prevent crime as we all know. It's just another attempt by Bloomberg's group to rid the country of all privately owned firearms. 
#WAKEUPNEWMEXICO!!  We need to stand up to save our right to keep and bear arms.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top