Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2016 10:46:18 PM EDT
Haven't received my CCW from the state, but the check was cashed 4 weeks ago so I call them. Issued 3 weeks ago. Fuuuuuuuuuck. The fucking USPS must have lost it like usual. I swear they are extra fucking incompetent here. Now I have to file a police report and pay to have a new one sent.

Fuck the USPS.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 12:23:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to NM.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 12:39:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's not just in NM!
View Quote

True, but it's worse here than anywhere else I've ever lived.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 11:58:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you live in Las Cruces?

About a decade ago I got a call from my lender wondering about a mortgage payment that wasn't received.   After a short conversation and telling her the check number that was sent out.  She looked at my file and specifically mentioned that payments from LC were notorious for showing up late, with on time post marks.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 11:25:59 AM EDT
[#5]
No, near Santa Fe. The post office here was so bad a couple years ago that the Inspector General investigated them for like 6 months. Don't know if anything ever came of it, but it did get better for a while. Now we have some new mail people and they're fucking awful. One of them even decided they weren't going to bring boxes to doors anymore. Just leave them in front of garages which means everyone can see your shit and easily take without being noticed and they were leaving them late in front of the garage (not even the right garage) so in the morning when you backed out, you were likely to back over the package . One lady had an 18k check get sent and sit in some snow birds mailbox for 5 months. It's just ridiculous. I sent in the replacement request and check. If it happens a second time, I guess I will have to call the IG.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the Land of Manana.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 5:30:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered a custom stock from Europe once that made its way into the USPS once it cleared customs... holy shit what a mess it was to get it.  They claimed they never delivered it, and that it was still in the warehouse, but could not find it and therefore it was now 'undeliverable.'  This went on for over a month.  "Oh its definitely here somewhere, but you'll have to wait a while longer."

Eventually a neighbor from another street over walked over to my house and delivered it to me, said he explained to the USPS that it wasn't for him but they wouldn't take it back.  At least he was honest I would've never known or been made whole again otherwise.

This was in ABQ a few years ago.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Welcome to NM.
View Quote

yep.

the USPS here is terrible.

I get my neighbors "southern poverty law center" propaganda and they ended up with my american rifleman magazine.

It was a bit of a awkward moment trading wrong mail.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Welcome to NM.
View Quote

Yup. On the bright side, the general inability of people to do things correctly here seems to keep people away
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 12:17:39 AM EDT
[#10]
New Mexico post offices are populated with New Mexicans.  They don't just miraculously develop and attention to detail and a work ethic when they get in the little white truck.  No.  They are New Mexicans who work at the post office.  What did you expect?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:51:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#12]
My rural carrier at home, and the carrier at my office in Abq both get Christmas presents.

The city guy is going to get something extra special this year.

Amazon sends our 40 lb sacks of cat litter by USPS.

Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My rural carrier at home, and the carrier at my office in Abq both get Christmas presents.

The city guy is going to get something extra special this year.

Amazon sends our 40 lb sacks of cat litter by USPS.

View Quote
Same here.  And they deliver them on Sunday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top