Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2016 11:53:44 PM EDT
So I know that state law prohibits automatic knives for some unknown retarded reason. I believe it falls under 30-7-2 unlawful carrying of a deadly weapon but feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Exception 5 of that law says that you may carry a deadly weapon if you have a concealed carry permit. Would this allow me to carry an auto opening knife? I am not looking to be a test case nor would I like to donate the amount of money spent on a knife of this type if it was confiscated which is why I haven't purchased one yet (what's the point if I can't use it ). I was just wondering if there was a loop hole allowing such knives to be carried, since the odds of this state changing this unnecessary and ridiculous law is highly unlikely. I don't understand the justification of this law. I mean is a knife more deadly because it opens with a button instead of a flick of the hand or wrist?
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Evil auto knives are evil in the eyes of your masters.  In their eyes, sweeshblades shoot through schools.

You can carry it all day long if you're an LEO.

If you're caught with one, they will whip you with a wet noodle, confiscate your cutlery and send you home with a $50 fine.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are they legal to own, but illegal to carry?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 2:58:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are they legal to own, but illegal to carry?

Yes.

Complete bullshit ... you would think if they clear you to carry a gun that it wouldn't matter what knife you carry. being a democrat really is a mental disorder.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Kershaw/Ken Onion assisted openers are so fast to deploy, and so well made, I got rid of all my autos.

For me, they're that good.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 3:01:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a kershaw that I carry and it does open fast. I think that is part of the reason the law is stupid. I was also looking at a zero tolerance knife, anyone have experience with these?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 3:36:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have a kershaw that I carry and it does open fast. I think that is part of the reason the law is stupid. I was also looking at a zero tolerance knife, anyone have experience with these?
View Quote

Most laws we have are stupid.  That's how they keep the sheep in line.

I also have a couple of Kershaw flippers and they are faster than any 'auto' that I own.  It is the location of the release device that determines whether a knife is an auto or a spring assist.  If it is located on the scale or frame of the knife, it is evil and your Masters don't want you to have it.  If it is on the blade, it is otay.  Pretty freaking stupid.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:09:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a few questions on fixed blades. I've seen some homeless guys and some bikers carrying larger fixed bleeds open on their belt.
1. Is this legal because they are ocing?
2. Is there any sort of size restraint?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top