Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2016 10:08:50 PM EDT
Hey guys, I was born and raised in Burque but left in 2007 for the Corps, since then I have been a southern transplant in North Carolina and now Tennessee. I'm coming back this year for the balloon fiesta (I know) and got to thinking that I have been gone almost a decade, so that has me wondering how much has Albuquerque changed in the 9 years I have been gone? Anybody know if Garcia's on Indian School is still good for green chile breakfast burritos? And whether or not the patrols of the mountain valley at the top of Indian School (Embudo) got any more strict? I know they shot that homeless dude up around there, but I used to sneak into the valley about a mile up the trail and howl down to the coyotes who would howl back, wanting to do that again. Also wondering about High Finance and the road that goes up the mountains to the crest house? They still open?

I'm also going to do a day trip with some buddies onto the west mesa and we were all looking for some MRE's, any of the old surplus stores still there? Any place y'all know of that sells em?

I guess lastly I want to drop in to Ron Peterson's and see if its still what I remember it to be.

Thanks in advance guys!

I'm excited to get my red or green on hahaha
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 9:11:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Garcia's on Ind Sch still good, but if you want an Awsome Huevos Rancheros breakfast, try Perea's on Juan Tabo- #9,
Red, over easy, flour tortilla, hash browns.

Surplus stores have gone to hell, as has Ron Peterson's imho.

You should have no trouble hiking Embudo.

Crest road still open- watch for tar snakes if you're on a bike., Don't know about High Finance, but there is still a restaurant on the crest.

We'll just leave everything else (good and bad) that's changed for a surprise.

As you know, we're just getting into fall, my favorite time of year.

NMGCA fall gun show will be Oct 1 &2- NM fairgrounds, along with the opening of the balloon fiesta, so look for a busy day!

Have a great visit!

Link Posted: 9/14/2016 7:26:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Garcia's on Ind Sch still good, but if you want an Awsome Huevos Rancheros breakfast, try Perea's on Juan Tabo- #9,
Red, over easy, flour tortilla, hash browns.

Surplus stores have gone to hell, as has Ron Peterson's imho.

You should have no trouble hiking Embudo.

Crest road still open- watch for tar snakes if you're on a bike., Don't know about High Finance, but there is still a restaurant on the crest.

We'll just leave everything else (good and bad) that's changed for a surprise.

As you know, we're just getting into fall, my favorite time of year.

NMGCA fall gun show will be Oct 1 &2- NM fairgrounds, along with the opening of the balloon fiesta, so look for a busy day!

Have a great visit!

View Quote

Awww man hahaha, I'm secretly trying to encourage my girl (Tennessee Native) to think about moving to New Mexico, that doesn't sound like I'm going to have good luck with that
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Update?

How was your trip?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:16:41 AM EDT
[#4]
"And whether or not the patrols of the mountain valley at the top of Indian School (Embudo) got any more strict? I know they shot that homeless dude up around there, but I used to sneak into the valley about a mile up the trail"

Out of curiosity, what patrols?
In some 30+ years of hiking in the Sandias (I live in the foothills with our back fence being Cibola NF) I've never seen/heard of any agency 'patrolling' the mountain. The closest thing would be the Open Space cops who kick the drunk/stoned HS kids out of the parking lots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top