Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2016 10:29:38 AM EDT
This question has nothing to do with firearms or conceal carry at all.

As some of you know I live in Gallup. I was told that the City of Gallup and McKinnley county do not issue liquor licenses just for the fact of not wanting to issue anymore,

Can a city/ county do this?

Is there a predetermined cap?

Is there any state laws that prevent this?

I only ask this because it seems it has prevented many businesses that wanted to set up shop here and couldnt just because of not issuing.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 10:39:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think there are any more and you have to buy one from someone else.
Just a guess not in the biz.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 3:53:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Everything you need to know is in here:

http://www.rld.state.nm.us/alcoholandgaming/
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 7:37:41 PM EDT
[#3]
You can still purchase a wine/beer license, but all the liquor licenses in NM are grandfathered. And expensive.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 9:41:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can still purchase a wine/beer license, but all the liquor licenses in NM are grandfathered. And expensive.
View Quote

Grandfathered would mean some sort of prohibition law interesting.

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

ill read more indepth today thanks. I just assumed beer/wine was under liquor
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 9:58:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow, just wow. If you didn't think this state was fucked up before, $200 fee if your management changes and a new application.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Wow, just wow. If you didn't think this state was fucked up before, $200 fee if your management changes and a new application.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.  Welcome to the Land of Entrapment.  Arrive on vacation and leave on probation.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:45:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Tried to buy a bar once.  500k for the licensce and bar until Applebee's showed up.  No that was 500k for the licensce and 500k for the property.  Ok good we just wanted the licensce, nope it's a package deal.  NM sucks for opening a bar.

ETA:: a decade or so ago.  Have absolutely no interest now.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 3:09:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Beer and wine have a license the liquor has a separate one. They open one or two new ones every couple of year. Buying one is the easiest way to get one but they are not cheap. 500k to 1 million is not uncommon. The cheapest ones I saw was when the state liquidated Gardunos. They had 2 licenses that went cheap and quick.

MAHA
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 11:03:35 PM EDT
[#10]
The only way to obtain an actual Dispensers license, which is what you need to sell distilled spirits by the drink...
Is to find an existing Dispensers for sale and purchase it.
New Mexico does not issue any more Dispensers or Retailers (package only sales) period.
Due to this and the finite number of these licenses, the cost is half a million and up.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 10:50:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The only way to obtain an actual Dispensers license, which is what you need to sell distilled spirits by the drink...
Is to find an existing Dispensers for sale and purchase it.
New Mexico does not issue any more Dispensers or Retailers (package only sales) period.
Due to this and the finite number of these licenses, the cost is half a million and up.
View Quote

wow
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#12]
New Mexico is a joke when it comes I people wanting to promote the state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top