Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2016 12:30:03 PM EDT
I don't know why but I was thinking it started October 1st.  

Who is going this year?

MAHA
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Should go but work stress has me burnt out.
So not sure yet.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got the day blocked off, and will probably go.  But I'm not as interested as in previous years.  Not sure why.  I plan on going grouse/squirrel hunting this weekend, so maybe that's why I'm not that excited about dove.  If I don't go, it will be the first time in 20 years.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 3:48:19 PM EDT
[#3]
It is ALWAYS Dove season in my back yard.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I used to have a thriving Eurasian Collared Dove population in my backyard.  Used to.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I used to have a thriving Eurasian Collared Dove population in my backyard.  Used to.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Put plenty of bird seed out everyday, and they keep a coming.  A couple of the dove decoys help a lot, also.  Year round snacks if you do it right.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I figured I wouldn't be able to stay out this year.  Got access to a client's property down by Bernardo.  So I guess I'm going.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:02:59 PM EDT
[#8]
As stated in another thread.  We're flooded here in SE NM, will probably wait a few days to hunt.   But it's all private so the windmills should be awesome!
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:03:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Also Gebos has cases of Fiochhi for $49.99
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:57:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 11:06:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As stated in another thread.  We're flooded here in SE NM, will probably wait a few days to hunt.   But it's all private so the windmills should be awesome!
View Quote

Where is it flooding?
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 12:13:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What is gebos?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also Gebos has cases of Fiochhi for $49.99

What is gebos?

Kinda like a tractor supply but smaller and with guns and ammo.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 12:15:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Im in SE NM.  The grounds way too wet to hunt with much success.   Not CNN style flooding.  Ranchlands, roads and low spots are all now ponds.   My drive way, which needs to be graded is under 5" of water still.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 8:52:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Im in SE NM.  The grounds way too wet to hunt with much success.   Not CNN style flooding.  Ranchlands, roads and low spots are all now ponds.   My drive way, which needs to be graded is under 5" of water still.
View Quote

Got it.
My boys are coming home to go hunting tomorrow but I expect it will be a muddy mess.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 11:45:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Got it.
My boys are coming home to go hunting tomorrow but I expect it will be a muddy mess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got it.

It was a muddy mess with rain and lighting....
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 8:03:00 AM EDT
[#16]
I ended up shooting so much sporting clays and wobble trap that I didn't even stay to shoot dove.  I might go next weekend.  Went grouse hunting yesterday.  Not a single bird.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 12:55:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I have decided I need a new shotgun...
My boys ran off with my favorites and I can't seem to hit anything anymore with what they left me.
Suggestions for NM dove?
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:12:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I switch between 2 depending on the area I am hunting.
Less chance of damaging my gun, I use a browning cynergy. Otherwise it's a beretta al391 urika.
When I'm feeling nostalgic, I will use my win 1300. I've hunted with that gun for about 25 years.

That beretta has been a great shotgun. I got it in a trade and probably wouldn't have been interested otherwise. The weight is perfect for upland. It swings very nicely and I think it fires laser guided rounds or something.  I don't miss very often with it. I shot a limit of pheasants (4) in Nebraska last year in about  5 minutes into that day's hunt.  4 shots, 4 kills.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My boys ran off with my favorites and I can't seem to hit anything anymore with what they left me.
Suggestions for NM dove?

I switch between 2 depending on the area I am hunting.
Less chance of damaging my gun, I use a browning cynergy. Otherwise it's a beretta al391 urika.
When I'm feeling nostalgic, I will use my win 1300. I've hunted with that gun for about 25 years.

That beretta has been a great shotgun. I got it in a trade and probably wouldn't have been interested otherwise. The weight is perfect for upland. It swings very nicely and I think it fires laser guided rounds or something.  I don't miss very often with it. I shot a limit of pheasants (4) in Nebraska last year in about  5 minutes into that day's hunt.  4 shots, 4 kills.

I have a 390 and like it but I have messed up my shoulder working and while it doesn't hurt nothing seems to point at the birds when I throw it up!
Getting old sux.
I am thinking of getting something super light to try and see if it helps.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:53:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 12:15:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Does it have the stock drop spacers?
View Quote

Yes! I hadn't thought to play with them.

ETA But I hate to mess with them as I am hoping this problem resolves itself so a more shotguns to chose from might be a better answer.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:48:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Suggestions for NM dove?
View Quote

I love the maxis and browning gold trigger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top