Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2016 10:34:52 PM EDT
I just took the "Practical Pistol Level 1" course at Calibers and had a blast, and am looking for other courses around this area I can sign up for. Anybody know some good places/instructors for handgun-oriented training for things like low-light, multiple threats, shooting from weird positions/cover, etc? I don't own a good carbine atm so I'm focusing on handgun training for now while I shop around.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:27:01 PM EDT
[#1]
There is an ECQC class in Oct. It is worth every penny. I highly recommend the course, especially if you CCW. I want to do it again this year (it will be my third time). You will get in a fight, both in the open (1 on 1 and 2 on you), and in a car as well.

The guys up there are great and will help you if you put in the effort. They have an ABQ Shivworks training group. Once you get to know the guys, other training opportunities will open up. I think the group is doing a condensed TCCC class at Del Norte this weekend.  They do ECQC training about once a month as well.

ETA: Jordan is trying to get a Shivworks AMIS (Armed Movement In Structures) class in the future. He needs to find a suitable building.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Whoa, that course kinda scares me - I am NOT a big/fit guy, haha. Something to work toward though, thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:45:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Oops, DBL tap.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:04:30 PM EDT
[#4]
It is intense, and it is worth it. You don't have to be big or a MMA fighter to get something from the class, 2014 had a dude with one leg there. Craig is awesome and I'm glad I had the privilege to train with him.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top