Or at least that's what I'm hoping for.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 11:25:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 9:08:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I put in for elk, antelope, and deer.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 3:00:19 AM EDT
[#4]
My brother who hasn't really hunted in many years put in his application.  First time out, Elk Muzzleloader, he got a cow up north.  Not sure the plot number.   Glad he got it, was my new Encore that I'd never shot.

Can't wait to get back to real NM life and start hunting.

P.S. I've been over in Trent TX area hunting pigs last cpl of years....where are the porkers hiding in NM?
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Walmart.

Welcome back.

Put in for javelina again.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My brother who hasn't really hunted in many years put in his application.  First time out, Elk Muzzleloader, he got a cow up north.  Not sure the plot number.   Glad he got it, was my new Encore that I'd never shot.
Can't wait to get back to real NM life and start hunting.
P.S. I've been over in Trent TX area hunting pigs last cpl of years....where are the porkers hiding in NM?
View Quote

The State has been killing as many as possible so we don't monetize hogs in NM and start to farm/raise wild hogs.  They see what Texas has turned into with all the hog hunts, Texas is mostly privately owned land so the state isn't the ones dealing with it.  You can find them along the river but they are few in numbers.

MAHA
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 7:07:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah I agree.  I hunted one of those private hog hunting places, didn't really care for it.   An amazing amount of damage on the cactus.  They root around the base and tear them up.  Unfortunately in a lot of the areas the cactus are the only thing holding the soil in place.   "Wild" Porker farms turning big tracts into dust bowls.  It's a shame.

Most of the hunters just sat and waited by corn feeders.   I went out and walked the property all day.  Was pretty fun chasing the porkers around...till I got to the far end of the property where the transport cages were kept.  Kinda ruined the hunt for me, seeing that they brought in the porkers once a week...and goats as well.   Target practice....not hunting.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:10:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:55:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Good luck!
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:33:39 AM EDT
[#10]
T - 4.5 Hours.  

Good luck all.

MAHA
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:12:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Good luck everyone.

Unlike in previous years, there were very few ways to find out whether you drew or not this year. The best one was for former or active military.  But Game and Fish must have been paying attention and shut down most of the other ones.

If you applied for a once-in-a-lifetime tag, you can see if you drew by going clicking on "Your Account" and looking at the bottom of the page.  Your once-in-a-lifetime status will have changed if you drew.  Otherwise, we all just sit and wait until 10:00.  It's killing me.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I drew bow elk, muzzy deer, and javelina.  Gonna be a good year.

(You can call G&F for your results)
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I got nothing.  I only put in for Cow Elk but nothing.  Had one friend on my application.  Congrats on the Draw.  

MAHA
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Struck out. Again. Good luck you guys.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 1:58:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Got javelina again.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Buddy of mine also drew a 6a Muzzleloader tag for elk.  So I will be taking him on that hunt.  And my daughter will have a cow tag over Thanksgiving time period.  If we tag out on all tags, I'm gonna need a 4th freezer.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:52:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Deer tag in 36 for me.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:51:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Are they going to allow for the excess tag to be bought over the counter?

MAHA
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:27:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:35:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Are they going to allow for the excess tag to be bought over the counter?

MAHA
View Quote

They will make them available.  Usually only deer and javelina. I've bought a deer tag in the past and it was ok. Better than not hunting. But the tags available are not that great.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#23]
I drew 16A  elk for December rifle I am already excited first elk hunt in about 6 years.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:27:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Anyone been out for turkey?  We went opening weekend and were not able to get it done.  We got on some birds, but the weather had them out of sorts.  Had a tom still sitting on the roost at 9:30 because of the snow coming down.  We had a great hunt, just couldn't close the deal.

I'm headed back out this weekend and will try a new spot in the Jemez.  The weather looks a little sketchy, but we will give it a shot.  Anyone been out?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:32:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anyone been out for turkey?  We went opening weekend and were not able to get it done.  We got on some birds, but the weather had them out of sorts.  Had a tom still sitting on the roost at 9:30 because of the snow coming down.  We had a great hunt, just couldn't close the deal.

I'm headed back out this weekend and will try a new spot in the Jemez.  The weather looks a little sketchy, but we will give it a shot.  Anyone been out?
View Quote

I want to do turkey but it wasn't in the card this year.  Busy with School and work.  I want to get out more.  Maybe I will have a more productive dove season this year.

MAHA
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:34:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Dad and I going on an archery elk hunt in Chama with Milligan Brand outfitting.  First time to NM for me, pretty excited.  Dad wanted to do it before he is physically unable.

A bit nervous as the references for Milligan were good, but it seems like a very large operation.

Got to get the bow and dad's crossbow rigged up with cameras.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:52:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:15:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Just an FYI, crossbows are only allowed to be used by mobility impaired hunters on archery hunts.

There are a lot of elk in the chama area. It should be a great hunt.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dad and I going on an archery elk hunt in Chama with Milligan Brand outfitting.  First time to NM for me, pretty excited.  Dad wanted to do it before he is physically unable.

A bit nervous as the references for Milligan were good, but it seems like a very large operation.

Got to get the bow and dad's crossbow rigged up with cameras.

Just an FYI, crossbows are only allowed to be used by mobility impaired hunters on archery hunts.

There are a lot of elk in the chama area. It should be a great hunt.

Yes.  In the process of him getting the form submitted.  He had a stroke, lost 60-70% of the  strength in his left side.  Can't shoot a bow anymore.  I hope that's enough to qualify.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:53:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I sure hope that would be enough. I would imagine the guide would give extra effort to your father.
Please post the video for us!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  In the process of him getting the form submitted.  He had a stroke, lost 60-70% of the  strength in his left side.  Can't shoot a bow anymore.  I hope that's enough to qualify.

I sure hope that would be enough. I would imagine the guide would give extra effort to your father.
Please post the video for us!

Sure, the plan is to have a fairly comprehensive video to show family living overseas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top