Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2015 9:05:36 PM EDT
Where's a good spot to go camp on BLM land? Just recently turned 18, and will not be alone, but am a responsible individual. The only reason I'm asking is because my family sold our ranch up in colorado, so camping and shooting out on that land is out of the question. Thanks everyone! looking for somewhere central/northern NM (Based in Albuquerque)
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 9:32:11 PM EDT
[#1]
It would help if you post up what you intend to do, shoot, hike etc.......

I cant really help you, I am down south, but if your ever down here, give me a pm, plenty of BLM land down here.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 10:21:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd like to shoot, hike, fish (if possible) and I'm not totally out of the realm of going down south. There's more BLM land down there, correct?
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 1:48:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Look at BLM out by Cuba. There is a couple of spots, the rancher that leases the feeding rights canbe a pain but usually leaves you alone if you aren't around his cows. I can find some coordinates if you want some more pointers.

MAHA
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 1:54:08 PM EDT
[#4]
That would be great, if you could, thanks!
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 11:46:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd like to shoot, hike, fish (if possible) and I'm not totally out of the realm of going down south. There's more BLM land down there, correct?
View Quote

I don't know if there is more, but there is plenty

Caballo State Park is nice, fishing, then a couple miles out plenty of BLM land to hike and shoot, trail ride etc.......
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 5:02:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Was just at Caballo last weekend.  River was running good and the fish were ok.  It was really quiet which was good.  Lake only had a few party boats on it.  Would love to know of few other ares around there, as I live in El Paso so the drives are not that bad.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 11:58:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was just at Caballo last weekend.  River was running good and the fish were ok.  It was really quiet which was good.  Lake only had a few party boats on it.  Would love to know of few other ares around there, as I live in El Paso so the drives are not that bad.
View Quote

Go west of caballo on hwy152 toward Hillsboro and silver city there are a bunch of campgrounds and hiking trails in the mountains. It's a pretty long and windy road but worth it. I camp at iron creek campground up there a lot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top