Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2015 2:00:01 PM EDT
And there were none.  I know a spot out by Grants that last time I went a year or so ago had hundreds possibly thousands of them. Today went out and none. The valley looked very green and wet. Just weird to go from thousands to none.

Anyone have any suggestions of where to go now?

MAHA
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Offramp at I-40 and Tramway :)  Tons of prarie dogs live to the left in the dirt berm!
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Offramp at I-40 and Tramway :)  Tons of prarie dogs live to the left in the dirt berm!
View Quote

I have thought about it. With a suppressor no one would know...

MAHA
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you.

<a href="http://s711.photobucket.com/user/nmwaterfowler/media/20130531_110945_zpsc524ab63.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww114/nmwaterfowler/20130531_110945_zpsc524ab63.jpg</a>
View Quote

Pam if you don't mind sharing.

MAHA
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:31:27 PM EDT
[#5]
MAHA--I've heard the grass is so high in some places you can't see the dogs.  They can't be all gone unless they were poisoned! I think there's some in the far NE corner.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:40:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
MAHA--I've heard the grass is so high in some places you can't see the dogs.  They can't be all gone unless they were poisoned! I think there's some in the far NE corner.
View Quote

I plan to look at some other areas by there, I will check it out again.  I hope they are still there.

MAHA
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:16:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I plan to look at some other areas by there, I will check it out again.  I hope they are still there.

MAHA
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MAHA

I saw a small town by walmart in Clovis today you may have trouble with the used car lot
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#8]
If its the spot I'm thinking of (south of Grants) its always been packed with pdogs -- but I admittedly haven't been in a few years.  Last time I tried asking about more pdog spots here I learned they are closely guarded secrets.... a shame too my 20" Varminter would love an excuse to get some action in
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 2:35:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I usually don't share P-dog spots because I was sworn to secrecy before being taken to the spot.  And the spots I have found on my own I keep secret for other reasons.  But you are correct.  Getting info on a p-dog spot is like getting sworn into a secret society.  

Lots of people know of the area south of Grants.  (Which is why not many people want to talk about it)  When the dogs are there, it is a great spot.  Stretches across a valley so you can see the dogs really well on the far side of the valley.  

Dammit, I think I just talked myself into going this weekend to shoot some dogs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top