Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2015 4:14:29 PM EDT
I've skied in Colorado several times but I'm taking my young family for their first time next year. We will be driving in and was wondering if anyone had recommendations on where to stay. My wife and I have La concealed handgun permits I'll check into reciprocity shortly but I'm wondering about any particular laws regarding traveling with a firearm or local municipalities where carrying might be frowned upon.
Any local insight would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:57:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Hello.. Sorry for the late reply. Have you looked into Red River? It's about 45 minutes away from Angel Fire and also has a nice ski area. I have stayed in Red River and made day trips to Angel Fire to Snow board. Red River has a little bit more for the family to do (lodging, restaurants, arcade, etc). Either way both ski areas are nice.  Google the "Enchanted Circle" . Taos is another option. 3 awesome ski areas within driving distance. Hope that helps...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top