Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2015 4:15:04 PM EDT
I know it has been talked about here before I cant seem to find the thread.. I am looking to hunt some wild pigs in the southern part of the state.. Anyone have info?

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 3:10:36 AM EDT
[#1]
When I was in Roswell I was told by a game and fish officer that Carlsbad had quite a few. I had heard reports of them near Roswell but in all my time there I never encountered any along the Pecos river near Roswell.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:02:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm curious about the same thing.
I'm all set up to do some night hunting, but nothing to hunt. Might try coyotes in the greater Dona Ana county.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:33:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't have the setup for night hunting but would like to take down some pigs, or even coyotes. Unfortunately since moving to ABQ from Roswell there isn't really a place to do either up here... Well at least not that I know of.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't have the setup for night hunting but would like to take down some pigs, or even coyotes. Unfortunately since moving to ABQ from Roswell there isn't really a place to do either up here... Well at least not that I know of.
View Quote

Have you been to the White Mesa/Ojito area, yet?  It isn't very far.

Night vision scopes are under 5 bills now.  I've had one for years, and it works great.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:09:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm all set up to do some night hunting, but nothing to hunt. Might try coyotes in the greater Dona Ana county.
View Quote

Haven't been home in a couple months but there were a ton out by Redhawk in the Dona Ana's.

ETA: coyotes not hogs.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:34:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Haven't been home in a couple months but there were a ton out by Redhawk in the Dona Ana's.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually heard a couple calling yesterday when I was out behind RedHawk walking my dog. During daylight too.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I want to hunt them so bad
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top