Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2015 1:59:04 PM EDT
Hello, the Mrs and I are getting non-resident AZ CCW permits and the AZ folks require a set of ink fingerprint cards to be submitted along with the packet.  Is there a place in ABQ where I can get our fingerprints done?  Cheaper is better as I'm trying to keep my overall CCW permit costs low.  Thanks.

Edit to add that they accept "live scan" digital prints as long as they are printed on the AZ format print cards, provided.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 6:30:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Any reason to not just get a New Mexico permit (if you don't already have one) and be good to go since they honor our permit?
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any reason to not just get a New Mexico permit (if you don't already have one) and be good to go since they honor our permit?
View Quote

Reciprocity with more states and you don't have to re-qualify every two stinking years.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Honestly its cost.  When I started adding up how much CCW permits, fees, and mandatory training were going to cost the wife and I over, say 10 years, I realized that NM was the most expensive state CCW permit that I could find.  In AZ its $60 straight up with no training requirement and no requal.  To do a 4-yr renewal in NM was going to cost me well over $400 (2 people).  AZ will be under $160 total with no 2yr requal and an even cheaper renewal.

IMHO, NM needs to take a critical look at their permitting and trng requirements as the net effect of their poorly written law is a CCW "tax" that makes legal CCW tough for many to afford.

Back on topic - there are a variety of companies in town that will do the prints for about $22.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 11:49:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Down here in Las Cruces there is a guy that comes over quite a bit from Silver City to teach the AZ class. He provides the AZ application package and he also does fingerprints right there. $40 for his class/prints.  Maybe there is someone who does a similar thing in Abq?
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 5:57:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, how about an answer to the question?

Fingerprinting Services of New Mexico
2921 Carlisle Blvd NE Ste 126, Abq
505-8722769

Appointment not necessary during business hours- they also do the electronic printing now in use by many agencies.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top