Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2015 8:43:07 PM EDT
Silver Spur, didn't expect much.
Low vendor count, lots of usual flea market crap typical of Silver Spur, but not crowded, warm weather has brought out a few fine honeys, so that's something.

Good, excellent, in fact, Magpul selection, at descent prices if you're careful.
Guns at usual Abq ridiculous prices, one guy wouldn't take $500 for a used (little) G26' because he "just has too much in it".Fine, take it home and eat it.

Little to no genuine mil surp, but then there hasn't been for a while (sure would like to find a stash of LSA and M16 cleaning kits).

On the upside, Perea's restaurant up on Juan Tabo has gotten back to really good food, had an Awsome bowl of red for breakfast.

Only score, genuine Pachmayer flat mainspring housing excellent condition for $10.

Neck beards with .22lr at insane prices in abundance, but nobody buying. Eat that too, you bastard sons of bitches!

Still, a nice way to spend a couple hours, if you aren't really expecting much.

Beats doing yard work.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:03:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the report.  I enjoy going, but between the 20 mile each way drive, parking fee, cover charge, and crap prices once you're in, it's nearly never worth it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the report. Pretty much why I seldom go any more.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd rather drink turpentine and piss on a brush fire than go to a gunshow.  Good gunshows are a thing of the past.

I don't see how the neckbeards can ask more than retail for .22 lr.  I have obtained .22 from WalFart 3 out of the last 5 trips there.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:50:06 PM EDT
[#4]
yep, bummer of a show. i did get this old thing though. guess it's an OK rifle best i can tell. thankfully it didn't cost me very much money and selling my Vepr in the process made it almost a wash. i came out a little ahead.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:12:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice score on the norinco!  Can I ask how much?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:46:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yep, bummer of a show. i did get this old thing though. guess it's an OK rifle best i can tell. thankfully it didn't cost me very much money and selling my Vepr in the process made it almost a wash. i came out a little ahead.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b341/nm-bound/1430600892_zpsdf40ed8a.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b341/nm-bound/1430620228_zpsab353f37.jpg
View Quote

Noice!

That's why I keep going to shows. In the middle of the worst suck-fest (and this show wasn't the worst by far), a deal will pop up when you aren't even looking for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top