Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2015 9:38:32 PM EDT
In case you are as anxious as I am about the draw results, you can check to see if you drew a tag right now.  

1.  Log into account.
2.  Click on "Draw Hunt Applications"
3.  You will see a list of your applications with a "Review" button to the left of each application.  Click "Review" on your first application.
4.  Scroll to top of page.  If you see "REVIEW APPLICATION #__________________" and nothing else, you did not draw that tag.
5.  If you see "REVIEW APPLICATION #______________________  LICENSE #_____________________"  you drew that tag.  You just don't know which of your choices you drew.  Have to wait for emails to come out to find out the particular hunt you drew.

If this method is working, I drew Elk, Deer and Javelina.  Good luck to everyone.

Allen
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:54:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting. I have a license # on my deer app but not elk. Maybe I got drawn for Valles Calders instead for elk
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:55:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Is possible.  As successful Caldera draw would show as a "Rejected" New Mexico Big Game draw result.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:09:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:46:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Game and Fish shut down this method of checking your results.  So if you check now, no license number will show up.  Who knows if it was an actual indication of a successful draw.  We will find out shortly.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Game and Fish shut down this method of checking your results.  So if you check now, no license number will show up.  Who knows if it was an actual indication of a successful draw.  We will find out shortly.
View Quote

Maybe they took away the licenses from everyone who looked early
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:56:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:03:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Not much.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:13:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:15:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I wish they would just post it already!!!!

Permit numbers are starting to show up again when you log in...

Looks like Elk and Deer for me just not sure what hunt yet
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#10]
NMDGF results are up now it looks like. I got deer in unit 24
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:32:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Castiel, is that for real?

The backdoor was correct for me.  MZ for deer.  Archery for elk.  And Javelina.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I wish they would just post it already!!!!

Permit numbers are starting to show up again when you log in...

Looks like Elk and Deer for me just not sure what hunt yet
View Quote

My license numbers from last year showed up.  Make sure you aren't seeing he same stuff I did.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Castiel, is that for real?

The backdoor was correct for me.  MZ for deer.  Archery for elk.  And Javelina.
View Quote

The Valles Caldera email was in my gmail spam folder but it appears to be real. My NMDGF application says ineligible/rejected due to VCNP draw. The backdoor was correct for my deer hunt but I wasn't sure which unit I got until now.

I don't know which VCNP hunt I got since I'm assuming my registration email was sent to my spam folder when I bought the tickets last month. They are supposed to mail me a packet with more information  next month. I put in for the 3 antlerless rifle hunts so I know it's between Nov 20 - Dec 7
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Oddly enough, the cow tags have a lower success rate than the bull hunts.  People have said it can be difficult to catch them before the go back into the woods or when they come out before dark.   I'm not so sure.  There are a TON of elk there.  Not sure who is running the hunts this year, as the previous hunt director has retired.  But I'm sure they will help you out as much as they have in the past.  I have some info on the hunts if you want to talk sometime.  Mostly general stuff, since I've only ever done bow hunts there.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got Mule deer in 24 as well, early November and  Elk tag in 16b September
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:58:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:55:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I got the late rifle deer hunt in 2b! Also a cow elk muzzleloader hunt in 15! It's going to be a fun fall!
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you know someone at game & fish
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, making up for not a dam thing last year!!  
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 8:55:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Got a call today from NMDGF.... asked me if I want a antelope tag in NE part of state. Ummm.... HELL YEAH! I will be assigned to a ranch that called NMDGF complaining of too many antelope. HA! I am doing something right lately. Already got a 2B late rifle deer tag AND a unit 15 ML cow tag! Busy fun fall ahead!!!
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:49:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Got a call today from NMDGF.... asked me if I want a antelope tag in NE part of state. Ummm.... HELL YEAH! I will be assigned to a ranch that called NMDGF complaining of too many antelope. HA! I am doing something right lately. Already got a 2B late rifle deer tag AND a unit 15 ML cow tag! Busy fun fall ahead!!!
View Quote

I have gone on six speed goat hunts up there.  Shot each one right after morning coffee.  Key is to go up a week early and talk to rancher.  They will show you where they will be in the morning.  Set up a blind the night before and get there an hour before sunrise.  Make sure you are legal in every aspect as I have had a game warden right behind me every time.  Some of the ranchers want you to shoot all of them.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Saw your post over on MM.  Congrats on what is shaping up to be a great season.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 7:09:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I have gone on six speed goat hunts up there.  Shot each one right after morning coffee.  Key is to go up a week early and talk to rancher.  They will show you where they will be in the morning.  Set up a blind the night before and get there an hour before sunrise.  Make sure you are legal in every aspect as I have had a game warden right behind me every time.  Some of the ranchers want you to shoot all of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome... thanks! Just waiting for Raton game and Fish office to send me the ranch info. I had a antelope hunt in Roswell like that the Rancher told me where to be and it was a easy hunt...
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Well I went 0 for 3.  No cow elk, deer, or Ibex!  Never been drawn for ibex and soon I'll be too old to hunt!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top