Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2015 9:44:21 AM EDT
Hello New Mexicans,

I'm planning a bachelor party for this summer in the Santa Fe area. It is going to be an outdoor style bachelor party with the focus on hiking, fishing, white-water rafting and just the great outdoors in general.

Can anyone give me any recommendations on where to do this in the Santa Fe area? We are looking to stay in a cabin or vacation rental out in the sticks a bit, rather than in Santa Fe proper. Any recommendations on areas or locations where this would be preferable? We want our cabin or rental house to be within a reasonable driving distance of the outdoor activities referenced above.

Also, any recommendations for specific outdoor activities that would be fun for a group of 5-7 guys?  I know there is definitely hiking in the SF area, but I'm not so sure of rafting and fishing.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I would look at Angel Fire Resort if it were me.

Fishing: Eagle Nest Lake or stream fishing also.
Golf: Angel Fire Resort Golf Course
Hiking: Many National Forest marked trails to choose from.
Downhill Mountain Biking: The ski resort will drag your ass up the mountain, you ride down.
Horse Back Riding: Many day outfitters to choose from.
Rafting: This one your going to have to drive down the hill (1hr) to Taos. Rio Grande Gorge.
Zipline: Take the ski lift up to the top of the mountain, they will take care of the rest.

http://www.angelfireresort.com/
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 3:45:07 PM EDT
[#2]
The campgrounds just West of Red River would put you in the vicinity of everything you are looking for.  If you are looking for something more primitive (and private) their is some nice secluded camping spots when you turn off the Rio Grande Gorge road to Penasco.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top