Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2015 12:48:20 AM EDT
Hey NM how you doing? First time posting here in the NM section. I been browsing here for a few years. Decided to start posting.   I been wondering. What brand Ar's does Apd or Bern Co Sherriffs use? I remember a while back seeing a news segment where the local gun store, Calibers, was offering Apd officers a discount on new S&W M&P15's. If im not mistaken i think because they had old run down Ar's, or because the officers have to purchase their own. Anyways, just trying to start a convo with fellow New Mexicans. Its a little cold right now. Enjoy your night
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 12:25:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Not really an answer to your question, but the APD contract to build their rifles went to BMC Tactical.  Not sure if they have actually produced any rifles at this time.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:33:17 AM EDT
[#2]
PWS rifles are what they received through BMC Tactical
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems like an odd choice when they could have just ordered however many hundred Colt 6921s they needed direct from the OEM for about $825 each.  It's likely the person making the decision was not a SME in AR-15s and just threw money at a local business, almost certainly resulting in a higher cost.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:26:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seems like an odd choice when they could have just ordered however many hundred Colt 6921s they needed direct from the OEM for about $825 each.  It's likely the person making the decision was not a SME in AR-15s and just threw money at a local business, almost certainly resulting in a higher cost.
View Quote

Maybe the decision maker has a little brother who runs BMC.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:39:51 AM EDT
[#5]
What about accessories such as optics and lights, does each individual LEO get to choose how to set it up?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#6]
From what I was told at my firearms instructor course was that APD initially get issued and qual with irons. They have to attend another "optics" class to be able to run any sort of red dot. Don't know what they issue tho.
Down here in LC they issue M&P 15's with EoTech 552's and surefire m600's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top