Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2015 7:46:20 PM EDT
Whats up guys, just moved here from Florida and I have no idea of the hot spots or any good hiking areas yet. Also stuck Ubering all my rides until I get my wheels down here in April. Suggestions for food joints, beer joints and hiking areas? The closer to Kirtland the better.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 8:07:35 PM EDT
[#1]
WELCOME
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 11:07:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the Q.  Plenty of great hiking in the Sandia area.  Check this site out for some options.  Sandia Hiking  Outside of the Albuquerque area, the Jemez is loaded with great single day or multi-day trips.  If you are looking to do some hunting this fall, the application deadline to apply for hunts is coming up soon.  Let me know if you have any questions on how to apply.

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 11:15:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, first off, Welcome

Food Joints: For Pizza, Dion's (It's seriously good) For mexican food, I personally like Sadie's, but Papa Felipe's is a close second. For a good burger, there's Lotaburger, Bob's burgers, but I like Lotaburger more.
Just a tip for any of the local restaurants, if they ask you if you want christmas style, it just means a combination of Red and Green Chile. Green Chile seems to be a city wide favorite though

Hiking: Any of the trails in the foot hills i.e (East Ends of Candelaria, Comanche, Indian School streets) provide quick, easily accessible hiking trails. If you're looking at something a little different, you can try any of the trails around Sandia Peak. Directions are fairly easy to it, East I-40, Tijeras Exit, take a left, continue for about 15 minutes and there's pretty good signage too. It's hard to miss. Lot's of picnic areas, sledding, even a ski resort within an hours' travel of ABQ

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys! Appreciate the welcome. I just went running in the Sandia foothills, turns out I am not acclimated to this weather yet. Any inkies know any solid tattoo artists around here?

ETA: if anyone needs a training partner just let me know, I have a pretty good background.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top