Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2014 9:11:19 PM EDT
Ordered an Inforce WMLx and have yet to test it out, but from what I've heard, it goes head to head with the surefires for almost a third of the price. Anyone using the WML?
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:31:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Love mine. Got the Haley version with the brighter LED and the hold on switch. Haven't been forced to use it thankfully. Nice to have the option. Hell the moon is so bright here most nights I wouldn't need it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Love mine. Got the Haley version with the brighter LED and the hold on switch. Haven't been forced to use it thankfully. Nice to have the option. Hell the moon is so bright here most nights I wouldn't need it.
View Quote

Thanks! Really looking forward to testing it out! Also, how many lumens is the Haley version?
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:35:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks! Really looking forward to testing it out! Also, how many lumens is the Haley version?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

200lm. http://haleystrategic.com/wml/. I debated for a while, but decided I didn't want constant on.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:44:47 PM EDT
[#4]
That looks like a good option, but one of the pros that I like about mine is the strobe. I think the strobe would be a good option for home defense.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 11:11:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That looks like a good option, but one of the pros that I like about mine is the strobe. I think the strobe would be a good option for home defense.
View Quote

Yea I wavered back and forth, but after reading several self defense opinions, I came to the conclusion that it was more useful to be able to precisely control on/off. And I can fake a strobe with it anyway .
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:07:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I haven't heard of that one but I love my Streamlight TLR-1.  Cheap ($100), compact, bright for intended purpose (135 Lumens), pretty good battery life (2.5 hours), and a lifetime warranty.  It has two modes: On and Strobe (both momentary and constant).  At 135 Lumens it is great for indoor use.  Remember you don't want a weapon light too bright for clearing rooms since you risk ruining your night vision or washing out your field of view.  This is always tough for me because I love my 1000+ Lumen EagleTac G25C2 mkII and always strive for the brightest possible but it doesn't always make sense for the application. The TLR-1 also has excellent throw thanks to a deep reflector bowl so it can be used in fields and can adequately cover some distance when needed.  Streamlight now has some higher output models (HL version, etc) for only $20 more if you insist on a brighter light but I love this light and highly recommend it as is (whatever that means coming from me )

Post up some pics and beam shots of your light when you get it in!  I'd love to see it and I'm always open to learning about gear I haven't had the chance to experience myself firsthand

Edit to add: my Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale accidentally led me to the NM forum instead of the NY forum.  Whoooops
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:57:00 PM EDT
[#7]
It's great! the inforce is only slightly more expensive at around $120, and it's 500 lumens. I like the strobe function on it, but I'm not too bent on using it for home defense. I've got a first gen G17 for that
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:52:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's great! the inforce is only slightly more expensive at around $120, and it's 500 lumens. I like the strobe function on it, but I'm not too bent on using it for home defense. I've got a first gen G17 for that
View Quote

WML is 175lm
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:25:02 PM EDT
[#9]
TLRs are great in my opinion and they can take a beating.....speaking from experience.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:45:50 PM EDT
[#10]
The WMLx is 500 lumens
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:57:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The WMLx is 500 lumens
View Quote

Ah I see now. I don't think they had that one when I bought mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top