Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2014 3:15:34 PM EDT
APD has been advertising their recruitment efforts in several states.. I'm looking to apply with them and was wondering why the out of state recruitment?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:18:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Lots of people here don't like them or trust them.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 2:05:16 PM EDT
[#2]
When the Feds cracked down on them for murdering the homeless and mentally ill, they had to 'up' their requirements for better killers.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Sadly, the first two posts are right on. APD is colloquially known as "Another Person Dead." Shoot first, ask questions later, it's the Wild West.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 10:13:51 PM EDT
[#4]
They are offering $5,000 for relocation. I had a feeling that it was too good to be true. I'll pass on this opportunity
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:36:01 AM EDT
[#5]
You couldn't pay me enough to work for APD. They are allotted about 1200 officers...they only have about 700 ish right now. With more jumping ship all the time.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:52:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You couldn't pay me enough to work for APD. They are allotted about 1200 officers...they only have about 700 ish right now. With more jumping ship all the time.
View Quote

Wow, is it really that low right now? Just a few months ago they had 900.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:09:24 AM EDT
[#7]
You can have an arrest record and still be a APD officer
I have logged many complaints to the Range Officer against the APD for shooting up a car on  our  range using an M-60 MG and leaving it there to leak oil,transmission fluid and anti-freeze Driving up and down the retaining slops of the firing line with 4 wheel drive vehicles. Stealing our steel targets.Shooting holes in our flag poles and mail boxes where we store the range wind flags, Shooting holes though our AR500 steel targets using .50 BMG rounds. Showing up on our scheduled match days and cop an attitude when they are asked to leave.
They are the most disrespected police force I've ever had to live with.
Other than gunning down unarmed citizens and laugh about it on tape,what a great organization.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can have an arrest record and still be a APD officer
I have logged many complaints to the Range Officer against the APD for shooting up a car on  our  range using an M-60 MG and leaving it there to leak oil,transmission fluid and anti-freeze Driving up and down the retaining slops of the firing line with 4 wheel drive vehicles. Stealing our steel targets.Shooting holes in our flag poles and mail boxes where we store the range wind flags, Shooting holes though our AR500 steel targets using .50 BMG rounds. Showing up on our scheduled match days and cop an attitude when they are asked to leave.
They are the most disrespected police force I've ever had to live with.
Other than gunning down unarmed citizens and laugh about it on tape,what a great organization.
View Quote

LOL. Cops copping an attitude.

Anyways, ever since one of the prick range officers at the city range broke the stock of one of my 1940s German Mausers a few years ago and laughed about it, I hardly have any sympathy. Karma.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 8:13:38 PM EDT
[#9]
They're union stooges to boot.  Always fighting with the mayor over more pension benefits and raises.  Considering the entire department has no accountability at all -- fuck giving them more money.  

That being said as with any organization there are some good cops within APD.  One of them is a member of this board and was extremely helpful to me in the past.  I know a couple others that are decent guys as well.  

But I wouldn't trust the vast majority of them, they are an exceptionally rude group, difficult to work with, have an entitlement mentality, and treat the average Albuquerque resident like shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top