Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2014 10:32:30 PM EDT
If anyone here has Comcast service with a DVR read this review.
I had a Comcast DVR for many years.  The first one lasted about 4 years then the failures started.  Replace box, works for a while then problems.  Fix problem, goes for a while then time to replace box again.  It was getting to the point the boxes weren't lasting a year before failing.  Recently I got the new X1 box.  Lots of new features but as usual the failures start again but this time it is not a failure with the box but it seems the problem is with the network outside the house.  The system has constant outages to some degree.  Sometimes it is a partial failure where some features don't work such as you can't fast forward your recordings.  Sometimes you cannot access your recorded shows.  Other times you cannot watch live TV   It is not the entire system that is out, just the X1 system.
So, if you are thinking about upgrading your box to the X1 box I would wait, as of now it is not worth it.  I have failures every other day, sometimes every day.
Thinking about going back to the old DVR system.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:18:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine sucks. It's started to get slow and sometimes get the please wait sign. These things are buggy as hell. Fuck comcast.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 10:49:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 11:42:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love my directv.

I do have comcast phone and internet. Much better than century link.
View Quote

Directv is the way to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top