Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2014 1:35:26 AM EDT
Do you think that automatic knives will ever be legal in this state? Is there anyway that I can legally carry or possess one? I mean the state allows us to carry loaded firearms but the state law says we can't have knives that open automatically? That just doesn't make sense seeing as a gun can do damage much farther away than a kife.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:18:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Do you think that automatic knives will ever be legal in this state? Is there anyway that I can legally carry or possess one? I mean the state allows us to carry loaded firearms but the state law says we can't have knives that open automatically? That just doesn't make sense seeing as a gun can do damage much farther away than a kife.
View Quote

They're only a petty misdemeanor, just like carrying a gun without a permit The knife laws are so vague that even a non-automatic knife could get you in trouble if the cop feels like it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:51:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

With the libtard majority in our state house and senate, I doubt, very seriously, that any kind of legislation would have a fart's chance in a whirlwind of getting through.

The difference between an 'automatic' and an 'assisted opening' knife makes about as much sense as the difference between a dog and a dog.  Automatic knives have the release mechanism on the body or scale of the knife.  An assisted opening knife has the release on the blade.  I'm quite sure most cops don't know the difference.

Several years ago, legislation at the Federal level was attempted to give protection to assisted opening knives.  It didn't get very far.  We are at the mercy of the local constabulary when found to be in possession of an illegal 'SWEESHBLADE'.

The stupidity of automatic knife laws is pretty much here to stay.  I talked to my NMSP neighbor about it, and he totally agrees that the laws are stupid.  He told me that it all depends on the person and their attitude if he would confiscate/fine anyone caught with an automatic knife.  He said if you are cool with him, you will walk away from the encounter with your property in your pocket.  Act like an ass, he keeps it and writes you a $50 ticket.

In this state, you can legally buy and own an automatic.  Only illegal if it is on your person in public.  Personally, I have several that I brought back from Europe and quite a few bought online.  Do I carry them?  Ya don't know, do ya.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Well if I ever do run for office.....

But as stated we have a very hard concrete senate. Doesn't help when a good portion of the state is FSA and doesn't want to jeopardize any of it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top