Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2014 8:59:51 AM EDT
Taking the family for a hike laterin the Sandias. Can I OC?
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 4:47:04 PM EDT
[#1]
The only places you cannot OC are

Liquor stores

Bars

Grocery stores that sell alcohol

and any establishment that has "no weapons" sign (not sure if its any sign or one that state the NM code )

Side note: you wouldn't catch me not OCing in the woods very rare when I don't and that's usually when Im lumbering.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Taking the family for a hike later in the Sandias. Can I OC?
View Quote

CQW needs to weigh-in on this.
Off the top of my head, carrying in state and national parks have their own regs.
There are many other places you can't carry, open or concealed, in addition to those above:

Tribal lands,
Gov't property,
ABQ buses,
NM Fairgrounds,
Posted private property.

-Lee
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#3]
You may carry in a National Park as long as you conform to the laws of the state in which it's situated. HOWEVER, you may not carry in any Forest Service building or facility, CHL or not, including Ranger stations. Do not be surprised if the Ranger stops you to chat as they may not be fully aware of all the legalities.

You may carry concealed in NM parks (with CHL) and OC is legally acceptable at this time altho frowned upon due to a couple incidents in the past 18 months.

If you're hiking, be aware that if you cross private properties, some state & federal facilities, etc. they need only be posted at the main entrances. You may be better off to just get your CHL & be discreet when you're out.

This area is a patchwork of Indian, State, Federal & private properties, many times, without clearly delineated borders. There is no substitute for common sense & discretion. You may want to check out a map before you start out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top