Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2014 3:25:30 PM EDT
Went to Walmart on Academy and Wyoming today and noticed that they had posted a "No Firearms Allowed" sign on the door. It didn't look like something official sent from corporate. Does anyone know if this is a Walmart policy, or if they have a liberal pussy for a manager who is bent on being a prick?
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 3:44:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Read the fine print - exceptions for CCW holders.  They don't want "open carry" people inside.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Read the fine print - exceptions for CCW holders.  They don't want "open carry" people inside.
View Quote

Meaning the state since this Wal-Mart, like most, probably sells alcohol.  Just easier for them to list this way as opposed to saying "no open carry" or some other long winded variant of it.

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 5:48:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Meaning the state since this Wal-Mart, like most, probably sells alcohol.  Just easier for them to list this way as opposed to saying "no open carry" or some other long winded variant of it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only Walmart in Albq that I haven't seen that sign is Coors/I-40.  They don't sell packaged alcohol, so it isn't required.  NM state law requires this on the entrance of any establishment that sells packaged alcohol.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 6:02:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this no open carry where alcohol is sold
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 5:44:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Now I know this is a thread derailment (potentially) but is there a potential loop hole on sundays? No alcohol sold on sundays wouldn't that mean we could OC in those establishments then.

Also Ive noticed a lot of these true no firearm sign (issued from the state) are in the booze area. Why aren't we able to OC in the rest of the store. A majority of the stores ive been in have it closed off with "restricted access.

ETA: I have seen this same sign at my walmart here in Gallup but only seen any such sign at my safeway in the back of the Spirits department
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 8:48:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Now I know this is a thread derailment (potentially) but is there a potential loop hole on sundays? No alcohol sold on sundays wouldn't that mean we could OC in those establishments then.

Also Ive noticed a lot of these true no firearm sign (issued from the state) are in the booze area. Why aren't we able to OC in the rest of the store. A majority of the stores ive been in have it closed off with "restricted access.

ETA: I have seen this same sign at my walmart here in Gallup but only seen any such sign at my safeway in the back of the Spirits department
View Quote

Nope and nope.  It's on the premisses so there is still "potential access" is the way they will view it.  A gate gets unlocked or some other stupid BS and their heads will spin.  Given you have the ability to carry, albeit CC, that is what you guys are stuck with until you get the gun laws changed. Just like the stupid one firearm on your person while CC is beyond comprehension.   As an example, I can legally be drunk to drive here and still within my legal right to CCW at .09 (limit is .10 for carrying).
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 9:48:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

ummmm alcohol has been sold on sundays since the 90s here in new mexico.  when the state decided to ban the drive up windows we (the liquor industry) fought for sunday sales in trade
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

ummmm alcohol has been sold on sundays since the 90s here in new mexico.  when the state decided to ban the drive up windows we (the liquor industry) fought for sunday sales in trade
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It may have been in reference to the time restraint the state has of no alcohol sales prior to 11am.  This is how I took it during my initial response.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:40:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It may have been in reference to the time restraint the state has of no alcohol sales prior to 11am.  This is how I took it during my initial response.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not in Gallup. Booze sales are still banned on Sundays. Then again idk if this is because of the Rez or not. Heck we have one of the highest sales taxes in the state and the poorest counties in the nation

Now I cant do it this year (kinda late to it) but I do want to run as a rep for our state in our district to end that no firearms/alcohol zones. but that's for a different thread
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not in Gallup. Booze sales are still banned on Sundays. Then again idk if this is because of the Rez or not. Heck we have one of the highest sales taxes in the state and the poorest counties in the nation

Now I cant do it this year (kinda late to it) but I do want to run as a rep for our state in our district to end that no firearms/alcohol zones. but that's for a different thread
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is either a Gallup or McKinley county ordinance.  You can't buy alcohol in Roswell city limits on Sunday, either.  If you're going to run for rep, I would back you on the no firearm zone thing.  The alcohol problem, in the entire state, is such a touchy subject, would probably be a campaign ender for you.  Having a stronger stance on DUIs would get you more votes.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That is either a Gallup or McKinley county ordinance.  You can't buy alcohol in Roswell city limits on Sunday, either.  If you're going to run for rep, I would back you on the no firearm zone thing.  The alcohol problem, in the entire state, is such a touchy subject, would probably be a campaign ender for you.  Having a stronger stance on DUIs would get you more votes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh trust me zero tolerance on DUIs too many from my city and county have been getting off on as many as 5th or 6th offense.

As for the firearms I know it works (specially the open carry) being from WI showed me that. besides that having that dumb law of CCW and which gun you carry based caliber dumb as well, being in TX taught me that but im derailing.

Since moving here theres a lot of in this state and its not just the government
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 6:23:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just like the stupid one firearm on your person while CC is beyond comprehension.
View Quote

WAITAMINNIT!  Doesn't the law say only one firearm CONCEALED?  Meaning you can conceal one and OC another???
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

WAITAMINNIT!  Doesn't the law say only one firearm CONCEALED?  Meaning you can conceal one and OC another???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just like the stupid one firearm on your person while CC is beyond comprehension.

Correct.  You can only CC one.  But, who knows?  Concealed is concealed!!!
You can OC an arsenal if you so desire.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 11:08:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I really wish NM would change to a Concealed Weapon License.  

MAHA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top