Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2014 10:55:43 AM EDT
There is several of us that want to go hog hunting....iv hunted them years ago between silver city and lordsburg but im askin where has people seen them recently.  My understanding is there is still a lot of them in central/southeast state. Who has seen them or know for sure where they are currently.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#1]
My buddy keeps looking everywhere south of Socorro but still hasn't seen any.  Nothing but anecdotes from locals.  They are definitely there but the population isn't near as big as it is out east.  NM is also aggressively trying to kill them all before they get established so you have that going as well.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]
If you find them I am sure we will do a NMHTF hog shoot.  I know I would be down for it.

MAHA
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Wild hogs on my property in Cloud Country (just outside Cloudcroft).  Can't use a firearm because neighbor's house is within 300 feet.  

This thread just reminded me to buy that crossbow I've been eyeballin'.
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 6:44:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wild hogs on my property in Cloud Country (just outside Cloudcroft).  Can't use a firearm because neighbor's house is within 300 feet.  

View Quote

If you get permission from him you can

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 1:45:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The guy is a flaming liberal, sperm burping douche, transplanted from Gay Bay, Kalifornistan.  He said he would call the sheriff if he heard shots.  I talked to one of the deputies in CC, he said don't use a firearm, but anything else would be totally legal. That's why I need a crossbow.

When I shoot one of them, I'm going to have a Hawaiian style luau, complete with half a dozen drunk rednecks just to piss the little cocksucker off.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:03:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 6:36:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Yippie my Sis has a bow but she is a south paw.  I am sure she is down for some shooting.  I might have to break my no Credit Card Rule is we can set something up.

MAHA
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 11:20:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I've seen them a few miles north of the Texas border in Crow Flats.  This was about a year ago but there were a ton. Not sure if it's worth the drive though.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The guy is a flaming liberal, sperm burping douche, transplanted from Gay Bay, Kalifornistan.  He said he would call the sheriff if he heard shots.  I talked to one of the deputies in CC, he said don't use a firearm, but anything else would be totally legal. That's why I need a crossbow.

When I shoot one of them, I'm going to have a Hawaiian style luau, complete with half a dozen drunk rednecks just to piss the little cocksucker off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live down the hill in Alamogordo... if you need help with the pigs I'll buy a crossbow.  Did I mention I have thermal and NV?
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:59:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I live down the hill in Alamogordo... if you need help with the pigs I'll buy a crossbow.  Did I mention I have thermal and NV?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Party at Jons place.... It took all my strength not to spend my tax return on a FLIR scope.

MAHA
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 10:21:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Party at Jons place.... It took all my strength not to spend my tax return on a FLIR scope.

MAHA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MAHA

You should get FLIR or at least NV, Maha.  I have a night vision scope on an AR and it is the shiznitz.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:13:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Curry and Quay county we got a epidemic
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

IM me some info and let's plan for the next 3 day weekend. Any good place to camp there?

MAHA
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 11:22:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

IM me some info and let's plan for the next 3 day weekend. Any good place to camp there?

MAHA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MAHA

This.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

MAHA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MAHA

Camp?  Well, there IS Oasis State park, but it isn't beautiful.  It's way down by Portales, too -- not exactly the right part of the county for what you want to do.

Been living here over 20 years and that's all I can come up with.  Hmph.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I am down as well!  Gotta put my pvs14 and dbal to good use!
Can you hunt at night in NM?
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am down as well!  Gotta put my pvs14 and dbal to good use!
Can you hunt at night in NM?
View Quote

Only non game species, like coyotes and pigs
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:18:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I am slowly making some head way on a place to hunt hog. I need some info. I am in contact with the BLM biologist and they appear to want to be helpful so far. They want to know a more specific area not just eastern New Mexico. If any locals can IM me some locationsthat they have or did see hog in I can see what BLM has to report.

Thanks

MAHA
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 5:19:47 AM EDT
[#19]
You might ask about that BLM area about 30 miles northeast of Roswell.  Seems to have an abundance of deer, and I suspect hog as well, although I haven't seen any there.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't need a "camp ground" I can throow my tent and shit anywhere, i am up for anything. Sounds like we are getting something going here which is exciting. I may keep a couple of the smaller ones to stock the freezer up....mmmmmmm tasty....as uncle ted says.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't need a "camp ground" I can throow my tent and shit anywhere, i am up for anything. Sounds like we are getting something going here which is exciting. I may keep a couple of the smaller ones to stock the freezer up....mmmmmmm tasty....as uncle ted says.
View Quote

They aren't as tasty as you think.  Unless, you catch them and feed them some decent food for a month or two.  I brought back two full pigs from Bandera, TX last year.  Threw out everything except the hams.

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

The problem with camping is that most of the land, at least in Curry county, is privately owned.  Unless you make it a part of your hunt, any place you set up other than Oasis or perhaps a highway picnic area, is private property.

Hope it works out for you.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The problem with camping is that most of the land, at least in Curry county, is privately owned.  Unless you make it a part of your hunt, any place you set up other than Oasis or perhaps a highway picnic area, is private property.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

is there any blm land?
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't think there's any in Curry County.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 8:46:27 PM EDT
[#25]
I have shot several in my AO. Pecos valley area. IM me for info if any one wants to come hunt.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 8:14:41 PM EDT
[#26]
There really is no BLM or state land anywhere near Clovis/Portales that you camp out on. There are a few RV parks in Clovis that you could probably get away with staying in for a few nights. 99% of the county is private land minus the Melrose Bombing Range. It is surrounded by a state land reservation, which is surrounded by private property. Oh, and it's all sand dunes and cow crap. IM me if you want any specifics, I live in Clovis.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#27]
I am so up for some pig hunting, I am in Silver city. Has a gun and will travel!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 1:02:36 AM EDT
[#28]
I have also been looking into this here lately. I'd love to get some hogging done.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 9:48:26 PM EDT
[#29]
if theres a NMHTF hog hunt ill drive my ass the 6 hours to do so nothing but prarie dogs around here and native land

let me know
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 10:54:17 AM EDT
[#30]
If there is any hog hunting in the Tucumcari area, I have a house there and kinfolk in the surrounding area.

-Lee
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 7:53:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
if theres a NMHTF hog hunt ill drive my ass the 6 hours to do so nothing but prarie dogs around here and native land

let me know
View Quote

Please, tell me more about those damn prairie dogs
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

let me know

Same here I will gladly drive 6 hours on a long weekend to do some p-dogging.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top