Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2011 9:13:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/7/2011 9:13:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 10:52:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I gotta revise my opinion of Lefty's Exchange in Hobbs.

I just purchased a Taurus PT111 for the wife for Christmas.
The service was good, prices were right, and the lady behind the counter was very polite and friendly.
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 11:49:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I gotta revise my opinion of Lefty's Exchange in Hobbs.

I just purchased a Taurus PT111 for the wife for Christmas.
The service was good, prices were right, and the lady behind the counter was very polite and friendly.

Did you give them the -1 in the old thread?
Would you like me to remove the -1 making their total +1?

Heck why not?

Yes I gave them the -1.
They seem to have learned that obnoxious does not sell things.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 6:18:46 PM EDT
[#6]
^^^^^They've been out of business for several months.
JH
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 10:23:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 11:08:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh........ I have no idea. I just thought they were done. You may be right,
Their attention to details and CS kind of went to hell after Howard left and
he was usually slow about it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 10:34:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Oh........ I have no idea. I just thought they were done. You may be right,

Their attention to details and CS kind of went to hell after Howard left and

he was usually slow about it.

Plus one for the Bunker in Farmington, Gleen Rocks.

Some of the Star crew went to the Bunker.

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 12:33:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw an ad for Star Sporting goods in the American Classifieds yesterday.
Damn if I know what they're doing.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 1:12:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Special order only plus 10% mark up (over msrp) if I remember right.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 3:42:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I heard msrp.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Over msrp?

not over cost?

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 7:20:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Daaaaammmn......No wunduh thaayze bout outta bidness.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 11:51:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Checked out Zia Guns in Roswell this week.

Prices seemed right and they had lots of inventory. Staff seemed courteous even though I was just killing time before a doctor's appointment.

I will definitely keep them in mind for future purchases.
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 4:15:02 AM EDT
[#16]
I would like to get Rio Rancho Armory on the board. Nash has only been there a couple months but had already helped me finish 2 ARs. His prices are good and he'll order anything you ask him to.  +1 for RRA!
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 11:25:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 3:23:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would like to get Rio Rancho Armory on the board. Nash has only been there a couple months but had already helped me finish 2 ARs. His prices are good and he'll order anything you ask him to.  +1 for RRA!

Is he on here?
What is his screen name?

Another +1 for RRA.  Nash and his wife are great people to deal with.  Nice little shop, too.

He's on here, but I can't remember his username.

ETA:  His username is NT7332
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 1:19:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Can we ad Jerky by Art in Albuquerque, have been going there for years for Jerky. Not only is it great jerky Art is a good guy, he does a lot for the troops.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 9:03:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/18/2012 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd like to +1 Village Inn Restaurants. They are pro CC / Open carry and welcome us openly during our Open Carry Meets.

Chick-Fil-A is also pro carry +1, but is very anti-homosexual (Due to the religiousness of the chain) -1

-Damien
Link Posted: 6/25/2012 4:14:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I would like to put a  big +1 for D.A.M ammo in las curces they have the best customer service of any gun stor I have ever been in. and a -1 for custom cartridge in las cruces they have horrible customer service and I know of to people that have taken guns in to be fixed and where told they would be sent to the manufactuer for repairs and the guns where never sent off and they still charged people
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 7:25:44 PM EDT
[#24]
If I may, I have TWO +1s to give to two NM businesses.

Fire Power Gun and Pawn-Ruidoso- The guys who run this shop are awesome. For such a small area, they do have a decent selection of firearms. They've handled multiple tranfers for me in the past and I have also bought magazines, a pistol, and gotten some gunsmithing work done there. +1

GAR Enterprises/GAR Arms-Las Cruces- GAR is an NM local manufacturer/distributor of AR15 parts and receivers. I ordered three stripped lowers from them Friday, August 3 and they were ready for pickup on Monday from Fire Power. Good communication, fast shipping. They have a website you can order from, you can call in orders, and they also sell on Gunbroker. +1
Link Posted: 8/11/2012 4:44:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Sarabande BnB in Albq. Great little place to relax, and good rate and food.

They give military discounts too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2012 11:41:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Hobbs

Desert Guns - The guys are always helpful to talk to there. Prices are high and they have extremely high transfer fees. I stay neutral.

Gunn's guns - Prices are still high compared to internet prices, lower than some local places. Good selection. Been a few times. Really snobby. -1

Hobbs Satelite - weird name for a gun / knife place - Usually have ar15 and ak parts and mags. Prices are above average and they usually have off the wall items in. Plus used items. I stand neutral on this as well but another gun store in the area.

Lovington

Southwest Arms - Not a huge selection. Prices seem around retail and again higher than any internet prices. FFL transfers 25.00 and they have no problems transferring anything that is legal. I sit there about 30 minutes everytime I walk in the door and talk about guns - politics - local agenda's and just shoot the shit all around. I usually purchase internet and send items here for an average of 40-50 dollars cheaper per gun and they have no problems with it.
+1
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 10:05:24 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I would like to put a big +1 for D.A.M ammo in las curces they have the best customer service of any gun stor I have ever been in. and a -1 for custom cartridge in las cruces they have horrible customer service and I know of to people that have taken guns in to be fixed and where told they would be sent to the manufactuer for repairs and the guns where never sent off and they still charged people

I'd give D.A.M. another +1 if I could for keeping their 5.56/.223 prices below current market chaos prices and having good customer service.
Link Posted: 4/10/2013 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Belen
Pete's Cafe -1 (sign quoting old non-CCW law by cash register.)

eta 8/19/14
Sign has recently been removed.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 12:42:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Little bugged at Los Ranchos Gun Shop, had the Wife's shotgun for about 2.5 months.  Went in for a new ejector, and blueing.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#30]
+1 for Valley pawn shop. $16.00 FFL transfer fees....cheapest in Albuquerque
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm adding ABQ Guns at 8631 Golf Course NW Suite E to the recommended list.  The owner is a Vet and very friendly.  He made me feel right at home like we were old friends.  Now the best part:  He only charges $15.00 for a transfer and does consignments for $15.00 also.  I'd give him a +3 for the transfer(+1) consignment (+1) and the fact he is a vet(+1)  He is located in the strip mall right before Paso Del Norte if you are heading South.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm adding ABQ Guns at 8631 Golf Course NW Suite E to the recommended list.  The owner is a Vet and very friendly.  He made me feel right at home like we were old friends.  Now the best part:  He only charges $15.00 for a transfer and does consignments for $15.00 also.  I'd give him a +3 for the transfer(+1) consignment (+1) and the fact he is a vet(+1)  He is located in the strip mall right before Paso Del Norte if you are heading South.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_48/517547_NM_Arfcommers_really_need_to_read_this____gun_buyback____.html
After this thread, I have not and will not give him any of my business.  Funny thing is his shop is only a couple of miles from my house.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 6:50:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_48/517547_NM_Arfcommers_really_need_to_read_this____gun_buyback____.html
After this thread, I have not and will not give him any of my business.  Funny thing is his shop is only a couple of miles from my house.

Crap, it is official.  I have CRS!  Thanks Yipy for remembering that.  Looks like we need to change that to a -3 because of that and here I am thinking I found a gunstore around the corner.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:06:48 PM EDT
[#34]
well i guess since im the only one here in Gallup mind as well get a few business in here

Gallup

Fratelli's +1 (link for their menu) It is a small business but they always have great food, a little high in actual price but when it comes to quality and quanity its worth it. They also do their own in house made gelatto which is just awesome Great service as well.

Bill's Reloading Supplies 0 For every good point there is something that will bring it down. Charges $20 for transfer but since I used my card charged me tax on it. A decent selection of firearms but when it came to the price they were about $100 over retail on many handguns. Did have a good selection of magazines but price again. Glock 22 Factory magazine for $35. Customer Service Bill is good, the other people there try to treat me like an idiot and came off as "i know more than you because I work here" Bill did give me much more respect after I filled out a 4473 to perfection. Sometimes his buddies go in there just to talk. Lay out is very small with no care to presentation. Location can be easily missed since it only has three parking spots in front of it.

Word to the wise, Gallup's main gun places are pawn shops that do not do transfers and charge much more than they are worth. The only decent pawn shop in town is

Richardson's +1 They have a decent selection of firearms (all are used) but they are priced fairly good and they are willing to negotiate. Unless they changed this policy, they do not charge tax on firearms. Handgun selection is pretty much nil. Most people who pawn a firearm its typically a handgun in this town and even if the pawn is expired they usually have up to a 6 month grace period allowing the customer to pick up their firearm.

Ill give more updates later on some local business's. If any of you are driving through let me know.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:57:59 PM EDT
[#35]
I'll plus one ABQ guns also.  He knows what he is doing and is very helpful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top