Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2017 11:37:17 AM EDT
Need Advice, I just retired and living in Texas, and me and the wife are thinking about moving to North Arkansas, what are some good locations?
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 12:40:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi Larry, I'm in Mountain Home in the North Central part of the state near the Missouri line. Our biggest "claim to fame" is our hunting and fishing.

We have 2 good lakes, Norfork and Bull Shoals that have good bass, catfish,striper etc. populations as well as the White river that is famous for Rainbow and Brown trout. We also have the Buffalo river that has good Smallmouth bass fishing and is also very popular for canoe and tubing trips. Also a couple of nice golf courses.

Have you spent much time in this area?  Any particular features you're looking for?
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 1:31:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks SmokeEater2, 2 of the things I'm looking for are hunting and fishing. ??  My wife and I, have been to Eureka Springs area several times and will be up in Harrison, for the Trike rally 8-10 June. We have heard a lot of good things about Mountain Home area and it is on our list to check out.
How are the home/land prices up there?
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:56:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Also check out the Ouachita Mountains, Hot Springs and the surrounding area. Getting a decent paying job is going to be probably your biggest hurdle.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Warhawk.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 12:17:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been to mountain home on family trips and they do have some nice trout fishing. If you like being up near eureka and the pig trail for riding, you mentioned you have a trike, berryville is close to eureka but will be a little cheaper since its not right in the heart of the eureka art/tourism area, plus beaver lake has some nice swimming spots and fishing areas. You would only be about 45 minutes from roaring river park in Missouri which has camp grounds, and is a pretty well received fishing area. Lots of catch and release, they have a hatchery upstream ( you can tour it). Sorry if I'm sounding a little biased thats just my home area and got some good memories
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top