Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2017 12:31:51 PM EDT
HB1249

Good to see that our fearless legislators are still trying to create special classes.    If any of you have any connections to any of the bill sponsors (I know Trevor Drown was an HTF hero for a while) can you ask them why they don't have the backbone to make this apply across the board and continue to give special treatment to UAMS?  I have already emailed them asking for that information - we shall see if they reply.  BTW - if you want to jump on the bandwagon with me and contact them I have all of their email address.  

Bill sponsors:
By: Representatives Collins, Drown, Ballinger, Bentley, Davis, Gonzales, Lowery, Lundstrum, Maddox, 5 Pilkington, Rye, B. Smith, Sullivan, Vaught, Wardlaw, Watson, Womack 6
By: Senator T. Garner
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:18:56 PM EDT
[#1]
It's being discussed.   Beyond your concern there's the whole "permission" in regarding the CHCL again.

You should check out HB 1265.  It's much worse.   Basically kills what Act 746 changed and then some.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:10:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, already saw that one too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 7:45:36 PM EDT
[#3]
And 1265 no longer shows up on the state site.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#4]
It's still there, and still on the agenda of the House Judiciary Committee for the day.  HB1265.  Hopefully everyone has reached out to the committee members (see below) to voice their displeasure with it.

Rep. Matthew J. Shepherd, Chair
Rep. Dwight Tosh, Vice-Chair
Rep. Jeremy Gillam
Rep. Douglas House
Rep. Charlene Fite
Rep. Bob Ballinger
Rep. David Whitaker
Rep. Rebecca Petty
Rep. Trevor Drown
Rep. Michelle Gray
Rep. Charles Blake
Rep. Clarke Tucker
Rep. Laurie Rushing
Rep. Lanny Fite
Rep. Milton Nicks, Jr.
Rep. Brandt Smith
Rep. John Maddox
Rep. Jimmy Gazaway
Rep. Carol Dalby
Rep. Sarah Capp
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Pretty sure at this point HB1265 is DOA.   Not sure why it disappeared from the site though.   But as you said it's back and guess they're discussing it today.

There are several other Gun Bills upcoming.   One is HB1269 which does away with CHCL training requirements for qualified veterans.    But it needs work.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 11:29:13 AM EDT
[#6]
One reply with a confirmed NO vote on 1265

ETA: 1265 shows "deferred" now, 1249 shows "SPECIAL ORDER OF BUSINESS, JANUARY 31, 2017, 10:00 A.M."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top