Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2016 10:56:16 PM EDT
CCL is up for renewal in a few months.

I see a lot of people talking about open carry.

Is it good to go in AR? I know the law is murky, a lot of places saying yes but nothing official as far as I've seen.

I can't carry at work (school), so if its good to go I might as well OC a glock and not deal with renewing and giving the ASP $60.

Whats the consensus?

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:43:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Renew your CHL. Carry concealed. It is better tactics than OC plus you will be covered by reciprocity if you travel to non communist states.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:41:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Until there is established case law in Arkansas supporting open carry (or permitless carry for that matter) I personally will err on the side of caution.  $60 for a permit renewal versus thousands for an attorney is a bargain in my eyes.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#3]
also bypass nics check
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:30:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input, I'll go ahead and renew
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:11:01 PM EDT
[#6]
To add my two cents worth...........You have options.

Yes Open Carry has been determined to be good to go by the current AG.   This is a fact.  However she erred in suggesting that while OC is indeed legal carrying concealed without a license is not.  Horse hocky.    But it is what it is.   So choose not to give money to the ASP because of their anti-gun stance.   You do have an option to get an out of state non resident permit of which Florida and Arizona are good examples.   AZ is only $60.00.     An AR renewal is not so bad however.     An out of state license doesn't help with buying from a dealer.   Also when traveling an AR permit is recognized more so than an out of state one.

We thought we had an Appeals Court case coming that would clear up the carry laws in this state but turns out it's going back to the lower court due to the lower courts stupidity.   Nobody seems to want a good gun case to get to the higher courts.   The absolute worst people to constitutional carry here in AR is the ASP and concealed carry instructors.   $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

My advice just renew since you already have one.   Of course it's like $65.00 for renewal plus the cost of requalification.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 12:31:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Renew your CHL. Carry concealed. It is better tactics than OC plus you will be covered by reciprocity if you travel to non communist states.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top