Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2016 3:49:16 PM EDT
Looks like good ole RK Promotions decided that we don't need shows up here in the corner...no Springdale or Fayetteville shows listed for the rest of the year. If you want to stay in-state, you'll need to drive south to at least Fort Smith, or east out to Mountain Home. If you don't mind crossing borders (or don't want a handgun) it's MO, KS or OK.

Course there's that "Gun Traders of the Ozarks", but those guys strike me as...sketchy. Lots of unlicensed dealers, I think.

Sniff, Sniff...smells like opportunity to me...anybody?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Any time a company stops a service,  my 1st guess is that they weren't profitable.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:19:39 PM EDT
[#2]
They might as well quit Ft Smith too. They can't even fill the room at Kay Rodgers Park with vendors.  Last time I sold at a show,  I paid for three tables. The fella then comes around and asks if I'll take 5 more, and spread my stuff out.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:51:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn. Where'm I gonna get vastly overpriced shit sold by window lickers? And jerky?

Shit.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:15:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn. Where'm I gonna get vastly overpriced shit sold by window lickers? And jerky?

Shit.
View Quote

I guess I'll have to order my Klingon battle daggers online now.  FML
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 2:23:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Who goes to gun shows anymore? lol.... The internet exists.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Word.  Even here in the Land O' Guns n' Plenty where the shows are packed to the brim, it's a lot of walking to find a good deal and invariably it's from a small private collection.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:40:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Shit.
View Quote

I guess you could look in pawn shops.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 10:01:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

No shit, really? How about that. Thank you for your input.
Some of us might like the option of going or not, thank you very much. Some people want to buy something other than new AR's and Glocks. Some people might not want to pay $35 in shipping and a $50 transfer fee every time we buy something. That $85 can buy some ammo or an accessory we want. You may have unlimited funds to blow, but not everybody does, smartass.

Not only that, but going to gunshows gets you into the shooting community and you can meet interesting people and make connections with other shooters and like minded individuals. Hell, you, mindtrix, might even meet a woman whose last name is not .jpg.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:51:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been going to gun shows since I can remember.  I've only bought 2 guns and have sold 3 or 4 at shows.  I go knowing that I'm probably not going to buy anything, that I can probably get it from a vendor or online cheaper than the prices I will see, but damn I still love going and looking at so much freedom in one place.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 3:41:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Some of us might like the option of going or not, thank you very much. Some people want to buy something other than new AR's and Glocks. Some people might not want to pay $35 in shipping and a $50 transfer fee every time we buy something. That $85 can buy some ammo or an accessory we want. You may have unlimited funds to blow, but not everybody does, smartass.

Not only that, but going to gunshows gets you into the shooting community and you can meet interesting people and make connections with other shooters and like minded individuals. Hell, you, mindtrix, might even meet a woman whose last name is not .jpg.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Change your tampon and wash the sand out of your vagina, you might be getting toxic shock syndrome.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Change your tampon and wash the sand out of your vagina, you might be getting toxic shock syndrome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oooh, good one.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 3:07:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Oooh, good one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oooh, good one.

Look, hillbilly, we can be friends, but you have to learn how to shower (not with your sister), brush your teeth (with toothpaste, not your dogs dick) and  you need to keep current insurance on your 1987 Chevy Citation. Whaddya say?
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 9:20:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You seem like a really fun guy. I have no idea why gun shows are going away...........
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Wtf guys

Geez
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top