Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2016 5:01:13 PM EDT
Any info you can give me about the Conway area? I have a opportunity to transfer to that area if I want. I will be making a trip within the next month, well that depends on if I stay at my current location.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The city itself has everything you need except a national airport.  5 minutes out of town in any direction you'll find lush,  green,  rolling hills.  2 walmarts, 3 colleges,  home depot, lowes,  tons of fast food,  a few pretty good nicer places.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 6:59:08 PM EDT
[#2]
i lived there for years, the city was not designed for the traffic it now has
other than that though its good
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I live South of Conway in Little Rock.  Conway is pretty nice and you can be "out" of town rather quickly.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:07:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies, sounds like where I live now.

I have a OK handgun license, can I CC?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:57:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep,  we have full reciprocity.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:39:39 PM EDT
[#6]
The previous responses have covered things pretty well. I'll add a few more tidbits. The traffic has gotten better with the installation of several roundabouts, once you learn some ways to bypass Oak St you can get around without too much trouble. We're also getting a Sam's Club & Academy Sports soon, they're under construction now. There's a good indoor pistol range here, and a very nice public outdoor range 15 minutes away. Several private outdoor ranges only 45 min to 1.5 hrs away that hold various matches. No liquor stores, but every restaurant that wants to sell alcohol does as a "private club". Oh, and you'll be less than an hour away from DARC.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 1:43:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The previous responses have covered things pretty well. I'll add a few more tidbits. The traffic has gotten better with the installation of several roundabouts, once you learn some ways to bypass Oak St you can get around without too much trouble. We're also getting a Sam's Club & Academy Sports soon, they're under construction now. There's a good indoor pistol range here, and a very nice public outdoor range 15 minutes away. Several private outdoor ranges only 45 min to 1.5 hrs away that hold various matches. No liquor stores, but every restaurant that wants to sell alcohol does as a "private club". Oh, and you'll be less than an hour away from DARC.
View Quote

Awesome, what is DARC?
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 2:26:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Any info you can give me about the Conway area? I have a opportunity to transfer to that area if I want. I will be making a trip within the next month, well that depends on if I stay at my current location.
View Quote
We lived in Conway for 10+ years and just moved out to a more rural area near Conway. I'd suggest looking at Greenbrier, Springhill and Vilonia as well as Conway. You can find housing quite a bit cheaper per square foot + some acreage within 20 minutes of downtown conway.

I could go on more but Pax covered it. If you have an specific questions or want to meet up when you come for a visit let me know.  

Link Posted: 5/29/2016 1:14:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Awesome, what is DARC?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome, what is DARC?

A world class facility that trains mostly LE/Mil but also opens open enrollment classes for us civilians.  Also they always need "roll players" to act as OPFOR in their LE/MIL classes so it a great opportunity to test your gear as well as free force on force time!

Link Posted: 5/29/2016 1:27:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

A world class facility that trains mostly LE/Mil but also opens open enrollment classes for us civilians.  Also they always need "roll players" to act as OPFOR in their LE/MIL classes so it a great opportunity to test your gear as well as free force on force time!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome, what is DARC?

Awesome. Reminds me years ago when my youngest brother, now a sheriffs deputy, was dating a police capt. daughter, my brother kept getting invited to be the "bad guy" for police dog training. I told him you know I don't think her dad likes you LOL..
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome, what is DARC?

That's one way to describe it. Here's another: a magical place, hidden behind a swamp, ruled by a big red-bearded Viking, where Skittles flow like wine, and life lessons are taught through pain.
Seriously, though, just go to YouTube & search "Direct Action Resource Center". Enjoy.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's one way to describe it. Here's another: a magical place, hidden behind a swamp, ruled by a big red-bearded Viking, where Skittles flow like wine, and life lessons are taught through pain.
Seriously, though, just go to YouTube & search "Direct Action Resource Center". Enjoy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome, what is DARC?

You must be a democrat or a lawyer being able to flow words like that!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:17:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Awesome, what is DARC?

And I KNOW he isn't a lawyer.

Link Posted: 6/1/2016 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I grew up in Vilonia and lived there until about 15 years ago when my job moved me, If it wasn't for that i'd still be there. Pretty much anywhere around Conway would be a nice place to live. If I ever get to come back I'll be on the east side of Vilonia somewhere. Maybe even El Paso
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 8:03:12 AM EDT
[#15]
i lived there  about 10 years still have famley there. i operate heavy equipment were redoing roads at I40 & oak street {o the horry--traffic} if u talk send IM ill send #,
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Conway has  a Whole Hog Café....

Link Posted: 6/7/2016 3:59:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Conway has  a Whole Hog Café....

View Quote

The original Little Rock location is better.

Conway area here - for the last couple of years anyway.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:01:38 AM EDT
[#18]
I was born and raised in Conway and then moved to Greenbrier once I got married.  I enjoy both towns.  I'd be hard pressed to move back to Conway though after living in a much smaller quitter town.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 12:04:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Also Shorty's has THE best burgers around!

Shorty's
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top