Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2016 1:59:11 PM EDT
Is it legal to carry a firearm in my vehicle into Arkansas while on vacation?  I intend to meet some friends for a canoe trip for a couple of days.  Does it need to be unloaded separated from ammo?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:12:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is it legal to carry a firearm in my vehicle into Arkansas while on vacation?  I intend to meet some friends for a canoe trip for a couple of days.  Does it need to be unloaded separated from ammo?  
Thanks
View Quote

That might get you a lecture about it not being useful in an emergency
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you have a concealed carry permit from LA?   You must not or probably wouldn't be asking the question.   Generally Arkansas is now considered a Constitutional Carry state.  I say generally because it is experiencing some push back.   Most LE will leave you alone if you don't act like a jackwagon.   If you're going to be in the woods however Game & Fish is a different story.   Sorry we don't have a better answer because a few have experienced the push back themselves.    The pendulum is swinging more in our favor however.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:42:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote
Unloaed: yes

Loaded and concealed (with recip permit): yes

Loaded and open carried: Maybe, depends on the level of jackwadishness you display and the level of jackwadishness possessed by those who see the weapon.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:34:43 PM EDT
[#4]
My CCW expired 2 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#5]
when you say firearm are you referring to the atf legal definition or just generally throwing it out as a term to cover "guns"
most LE (and most here) are unaware of what falls into the firearm category they do however no the difference between a rifle and a handgun
to get a more accurate answer you should specify what category of gun you will have AOW is a catch all category for anything that wont fit into any other category and firearm is a category that takes what wont fit into any category including aow
I regularly carry my firearms and rifles in the car with ammo and accessories.

if its hunting season and you have a hunting rifle AFG will make a case if they feel like its a good idea

yes I am being a dick

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm talking about a Springfield XDM 9mm or a .38 revolver.  Something to shoot a dick in the face with if I need to protect my family while I'm there.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#7]
http://www.handgunlaw.us/
Go here and read about your state and your surroundings States.  Short answer is yes you can carry,  you are on a journey......
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:00:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you have a concealed carry permit from LA?   You must not or probably wouldn't be asking the question.   Generally Arkansas is now considered a Constitutional Carry state.  I say generally because it is experiencing some push back.   Most LE will leave you alone if you don't act like a jackwagon.   If you're going to be in the woods however Game & Fish is a different story.   Sorry we don't have a better answer because a few have experienced the push back themselves.    The pendulum is swinging more in our favor however.
View Quote

I think dick head is a plus for AGF applicants
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

..... shoot a dick in the face......
View Quote
This isn't Texas.

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I think dick head is a plus for AGF applicants
View Quote
It certainly seems to be so for ASP applicants. Although I have met 2 in the previous 22 years that weren't.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top