Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2016 11:07:05 PM EDT
I'm moving to AR and also buying a car trailer from my wife's friend in OK. Oklahoma does not do titles or tags for trailers, so bill of sale would be all I can get. How do I manage this?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 1:14:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Bill of sale should work fine. Just explain your situation when you get there to the DMV.  I've bought a trailer that only had bill of sale in the past and it was fine.

Permanent trailer tag in AR is 35.00 one time fee.  Could be more for a heavy trailer, but thats what it cost on my boat trailer and utility trailer.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 4:01:13 PM EDT
[#2]
If I remember correctly when I moved back here I brought a Yamaha Waverunner and trailer.   The trailer had no tag or title.   What you do is apply for Title and Arkansas issues you one for the trailer.  You also get to put a permanent tag on it.  One time fee.   You also get to pay property taxes on the trailer annually.

Now I bought a trailer while in Arkansas but forget how that all happened.   But you will get a Title for a trailer in Arkansas.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 11:55:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, folks. Is there a template they want used or just something handwritten?
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks, folks. Is there a template they want used or just something handwritten?
View Quote

Whatever you have should be fine as long as it's signed by both parties and includes pertinent info (date/make/model/price/serial or vin #/etc.)

If you have the opportunity to type something up and then sign it then that would probably be better than trying to read chicken scratch.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 6:23:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Whatever you have should be fine as long as it's signed by both parties and includes pertinent info (date/make/model/price/serial or vin #/etc.)

If you have the opportunity to type something up and then sign it then that would probably be better than trying to read chicken scratch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool. Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top